Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

superb batting from England. It's a testament to them that when Gayle and co were smashing it about earlier, I wasn't concerned, but to chase their highest ODI on the first leg of  series, is mightily impressive. Ok Windies bowling attack were two men down, but even so, there is so much confidence in this side.

• Like 1

Just now, Rodders said:

superb batting from England. It's a testament to them that when Gayle and co were smashing it about earlier, I wasn't concerned, but to chase their highest ODI on the first leg of  series, is mightily impressive. Ok Windies bowling attack were two men down, but even so, there is so much confidence in this side.

9/4 for the World Cup looks a big price.

yep, chuck in english conditions for woakes and willey too, and they'll be in a great position, though NZ, Pakistan, India, Australia and the Windies themselves aren't bad sides by any means, but those odds do look a bit generous

If England don't win the world cup, it'll be the cricketing equivalent of Brazil's failure in 1982!

We have the most destructive one day batting line up I've ever seen.

Is Roy now the universe boss? 😋

Enough of this gay banter; what do Warks fans think of the appointment of Paul Farbrace ? Will he break up what might be considered the rather 'cosy' set-up of appointing old Bears and will he attract some good overseas players; particularly for the T20. 

22 hours ago, Rodders said:

yep, chuck in english conditions for woakes and willey too, and they'll be in a great position, though NZ, Pakistan, India, Australia and the Windies themselves aren't bad sides by any means, but those odds do look a bit generous

I thought the same in the Champions Trophy but they ended up playing the semi final as an away game in Wales and got beaten.  We are looking very good mind.  Gayle yesterday played some brutal shots but his innings strike rate wasnt actually that great and he was a joke in the field, it makes you wonder whether he is a hindrance to the Windies.

ECB reveals new details of The Hundred....

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/the-hundred-details-revealed-by-ecb-new-england-cricket-competition/2019-02-22

Key playing conditions of The Hundred

100 balls per innings

A change of ends after ten balls

Bowlers deliver either five or ten consecutive balls

Each bowler can deliver a maximum of 20 balls per game

Each bowling side gets a strategic timeout of up to two and a half minutes

A 25-ball powerplay start for each team

Two fielders are allowed outside of the initial 30-yard circle during the powerplay

10 hours ago, veloman said:

Enough of this gay banter; what do Warks fans think of the appointment of Paul Farbrace ? Will he break up what might be considered the rather 'cosy' set-up of appointing old Bears and will he attract some good overseas players; particularly for the T20. 

It’s interesting. He’s clearly a top bloke, an excellent coach, highly regarded by players etc.  His job as director of cricket isn’t a hands on one, though. I wonder if he’ll get bored, or take to it really well? Only time will tell. I like him though and hope he does a good job.

Â