Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

8 hours ago, veloman said:

Agree with VILLAMARV's team …. apart from Rashid.   I realise he isn't a leg spinner but I have always liked the look of Danny Briggs - even when he was at Hampshire - and he is left arm.    Denly has had a great season.

And Warks finally promoted; wonder if they will release anymore from their squad or is that it.

Finally, I wonder if Stokes will stay at Durham; aren't they in a spot of bother financially ?

While Stokes has a central contract Durham won't have to pay for him, so their money troubles are largely irrelevant.  They seem to be in a position to start signing players again anyway so must be over the worst of it.

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Lancs relegated then.

What a dreadful shame ? Wonder what that erudite ,self-effacing David Lloyd will have to say about it ! Warks could have batted Kent out of their match; pity Trott couldn't have got a decent score.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, snowychap said:

By Phil Hughes's brother, I read.

Yeah, told him he was a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to play cricket. If that's enough to make Warner walk off, I can't seem him coping very well when he returns to first class cricket!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Once again England's batting seems to look much better once you get past the actual batsmen! ?

Great start to his career from Foakes.

Standard excellent, reliable stuff from Curran.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 3

Sam Curran is going to become my new favourite player. Extraordinary hitting again, that has swung the momentum truly in our favour and making a mockery of earlier struggles. 6 x sixes so far...

Watching it earlier on - it was cracking hitting from Buttler too, whilst Rory Burns had a creditable start, shame he didn't quite get to the 50. Mo is having all sorts of bother with the bat at the moment. On current form, and the way the middle order will be rejigged in say the west indies, there's a case for playing him at 9 below Curran and in purely for his spinning qualities. Hope he can find some confidence with the bat soon. Root hasn't looked to clever either, with a daft shot in the first test and then leaving a wide gap playing a defensive shot this morning.  Won't affect this series result at all but it would be nice to see him get  a decent score soon.

• Like 1

Aggers on the radio this morning thought 240 would be a good score on that pitch  ..guess we will know more by tomorrow

Just need Curran to start taking a few more wickets to really cement his place as a genuine all rounder

rubbish bowling and in fairness good sri lanka batting today. Leach is excused he was good, but Mo and Rash bowled too much pigswill amid the wicket taking deliveries. 

Should have easily had a 40-50 run lead but now face a deficit. Still credit to Sri Lanka for fighting back well, it's going to be a thrilling third innings. Plenty of pressure for the batsmen to face. 

Edited by Rodders

well that went wrong quite quickly .. when i did the school run this morning they were about 180 -6 and it was a case of how big would our 1st innings lead be  ..just checked the school on my phone  , WTF !!

its a crumbling pitch so batting fourth is still going to be difficult but that lead of 46 could be pretty significant

Yep, ebbed and flowed each day, cracking match. 38 wickets fell to spin too! Hard to change the side here, maybe bring Bairstow in for Curran if the latter is even slightly twingy with his side strain, and then bump JB up to 6 and have Mo at 8.  Seen some chat of giving Oily Stone a game instead of Anderson, but not sure of the point of that

Â