Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

So much awesome. I'm really enjoying it at work this morning ?

Amazing that we can have one of the best ODI sides of all time, yet such a poor test team.

• Like 1

Do you know …. it's difficult to say who are the bigger disappointment, AVFC or Warks ! Got Kent out really cheaply - looking good for huge step back to Div 1 - then collapse ! However, I wonder if questions will be asked about 20 wickets falling in one day on that wicket.

Sam Hain has produced another fantastic innings for the England Lions, got 54 against India A yesterday and then 145 today against Windies A. 

He really should be the backup batsman in the ODI squad instead of Billings, who has never performed for England.

Gutted that Warwickshire lost too, great effort in the second innings. Shame we were so awful in the first.

• Like 3

What a fabulous way to complete a whitewash. 

Let them think they've got us beat and dug their way out if it only to string them along till the final wicket then crush them. 

BOSTIN. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Utter tripe from England.

Let's hope they manage to get something out of the track when they bowl otherwise they'll end up looking like they're are, yet again, 'undercooked' in the first test of a series. Only that normally happens when you're the touring team rather than the home team two thirds of the way through the domestic season.

31 minutes ago, snowychap said:

they'll end up looking like they're are, yet again, 'undercooked'

I dunno, Darren. It's the same for both sides and tbh I think England aren't very good. Unsettled team, not enough top class players, India are a better test side, I'd say hence...

Though we'll see how they bat before we can be sure of much.

Just now, blandy said:

It's the same for both sides

Perhaps but the point is that a home side shouldn't really be playing a test in the first week of August with (most of) their players having played such little red ball cricket in the previous five or six weeks.

My comment is a criticism of the domestic scheduling and not an excuse for the England batting (if the Indians bat as badly then I'd put it down to both lots being 'undercooked').

If they get this abominablee 100 ball claptrap off the ground then look at it being screwed up even more in future summers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blandy said:

and tbh I think England aren't very good. Unsettled team, not enough top class players, India are a better test side, I'd say hence...

Though we'll see how they bat before we can be sure of much.

Do you think it reasonable to add, ' not a very good captain' to this ? I wonder if England could have picked someone for their captaincy skills rather than playing ability in much the same way they did with Mike Brearley. Must confess, I can't think of anyone off hand though.

16 minutes ago, veloman said:

Do you think it reasonable to add, ' not a very good captain' to this ? I wonder if England could have picked someone for their captaincy skills rather than playing ability in much the same way they did with Mike Brearley. Must confess, I can't think of anyone off hand though.

I agree. You’re right. But like you say, who? Morgan’s a fantastic one day skipper, but who else is there?

Outstanding day of test cricket. Can't really call which way this test will go from here. I think I'd prefer to be in England's shoes as batting in the 4th innings will be tough. 

Â