Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

On 10/12/2017 at 00:07, blandy said:

I dunno bout the Bt commentary but the Aussie channel 9 is diabolical. There’s a kind of forced matey bonhomie and almost nothing of interest. It’s all monumentally tedious.  “Pup, KP, Tubbs, Heals, Warner, chappelli , and occasionally something relevant from Mark Nicholas. Peitersen is excruciatingly bad.

What?! How can you not enjoy Tubbs extolling the virties of the current Channel 9 reality shows, or Healso promoting another collectors edition framed picture of Warnie's ball of the century? :D

Nicholas is quite good, and I actually find KP the most bearable of the rest, but that ain't saying much. Yeah, the mateyness is goddam excruciating. Best solution is to turn the sound off and put on the ABC radio commentary...

• Like 1

Cook's bloody woeful tour continues. I remember a time when he'd go to the crease and you could never see anyone getting him out. Now he looks like a wicket waiting to happen every single ball.

yep. vince has contributed more to the series than Cook so far. Not good - he's not going to be dropped - well certainly not before he has a chance to break Border's consecutive Test appearance record, but it would be sad to see his career end in a string of rubbish low scores. The double v Windies in benign conditions feels like the last hurrah of a former great. At the moment I just assume he'll be out within 30-40minutes of the morning.

Stoneman's done well another tough 50 - in very hostile bowling - still needs to go big, but not his fault either that his partners don't support him.  Bowling has been really good. This is going to be tricky, but it would be nice if one batsman could just exceed expectations for once.  We're still awaiting a skipper's innings that does the job too.

41 minutes ago, Rodders said:

yep. vince has contributed more to the series than Cook so far. Not good - he's not going to be dropped - well certainly not before he has a chance to break Border's consecutive Test appearance record, but it would be sad to see his career end in a string of rubbish low scores. The double v Windies in benign conditions feels like the last hurrah of a former great. At the moment I just assume he'll be out within 30-40minutes of the morning.

Cook reminds me of Clarke & Ponting. Great batsmen, and they both totally lost it practically overnight.

marvellous stuff and just what was needed. In a position to go for 450, see  off the new ball further and even if they lose a wicket, Moeen should feel more comfortable going for his shots in this situation. Although let's get a 200 run partnership first, if that isn;t being too greedy

368-4 to 393-9, what a bloody dreadful collapse. Undoes some of the great work from Bairstow and Malan if we can't even get to 400... which one presumes we won't with Anderson at the crease!

You lot blew it today, and I was cheering you on was looking forward to a live 4th test. That may still happen but you should of buried us today.

Would've thought 500 was the minimum after Malan and Bairstow got through the first hour. 

After being quite a fan, I have found Ali very disappointing. I also think you needed someone quicker in your line up even for this test. Not sure if you have any young talent that couldve been given a chance but you can get wickets with pure pace at the WACA.

None of the England bowlers are getting above 140km which is just not going to cut it unless you bowl very well. Overton has done well but Broad is bowling pies.

Hope you guys can take some wickets and wrestle back the momentum. It's a very even contest in my view but England have failed to capitalise on their chances whereas Australia have taken nearly all of theirs.. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

What England really lack in their side is an all-rounder, you know the type that can change a game in a session. Preferably a ranga with a bit of feist in him and a few tattoos to intimidate the opposition. 

If only England had a player like that, you'd be all over this series.

-_-

Â