Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

Too little too late. They can't rely on a swinging ball in Australia especially when this is the only day/night test. Can't see England chasing down 300+ with Lyon and Co. bowling. England all out for 150-200 second innings is my bet.

Oh for sure. These conditions were what Root expected from day 1, which would have led to a different game entirely. England haven't a hope in hell of chasing the total down, but a chance perhaps to at least restore some self respect today.

well we got them all out for 138 with a lead of 354 - couldn't have done much more that innings. so full credit! 5er for Jimmy, and 4 for Woakes - that's really great to see such fight.

38/0 off 10 overs is a positive start, a long way to go and I think when the lights come it will be a big old challenge, but so far, so good. Cook survives an LBW decision - if Aus had reviewed ihe would have been out in the first couple of overs :D

If they can dig in, the ball will be 30 overs old before lights. Encouraging, but a long way to go

Yeah, I went out to walk the dog and thought, well, if Stoneman can turn his good start into a big 100, we'll win. Came back and he'd gone for the same score he was on when I left :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

If Joe Root wants to be considered in the same league as Smith and Kohli, he needs to convert this one...

Root is the key wicket. If the Ozzies get him England will fold like a pack of cards, if he stays N.O. then they have a big chance.

Â