Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

11 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who knows though, if it's one thing you can always count on it's an England batting collapse!!

Yes... but just lately this Aussie side has habit of doing exactly the same thing.

we need to learn how to get smith out soon otherwise he could be the difference in the season, very dogged. Poor since lunch it seems, but we're still in the game.

Mo! 9 down, one more to go.

Edited by Rodders

oh **** off cook you stupid thick clearing in the woods. Out hooking. unnecessary, another shit score from someone supposedly unburdened by no longer captain. **** useless match. maybe cook's career will end this series.

Edited by Rodders

now vince out.

pessimism returns - hello 5-0 Aussies :/ Think Smith has completely wrestled momentum for match and series Australia's way. If we are going to crumble every time we're under pressure we have no chance. Think I'll have a better night's sleep tonight, not getting up early to watch this lot. Need to dig in for at least 2-3 sessions to try and save the draw.

edit - well we avoided further damage and tbf, vince got a good ball looking back. Hope we can reverse momentum tomorrow.

Edited by Rodders

Stayed up until mid way through the afternoon session. This series is going to hang on whether we can work out how to get Smith out I think!

Fantastic morning session but then I felt Broad should've opened up after lunch and we didn't bowl enough deliveries at the stumps for Cummins. 

Disappointing to lose two and Cook's shot was poor. Need a big partnership at some point (130+) tonight to stay in this game.

I left it just after lunch and we were absolutely set for a lead of about fifty. Botheration.

It's an interesting match set up now, Broad keeps insisting the pitch is good for batting on, but England's batting line up don't tend to do so well under pressure in the second innings. We could be setting Australia a total of under 200 if things go their way in the morning session - if things go our way we could be setting them a much trickier target. 

Whatever happens from here on in, this was Australia's home banker at the Gabba and we've been in the game throughout - they'll know they're in for a decent series.

• Like 3

50 and out - Root had done all the hard work. :(

I see us getting to about 200 maybe 220 if we're lucky. Can't see us bowling the Aussie out for 170. I think this one is done. 

England are capable of batting really well in a first innings, but under pressure in a second innings we've been poor for some time.

Â