Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

31 minutes ago, Rodders said:

50 runs for woakes and 5 wickets in the match, good run out for him too

yes enjoy him while he is still with us because it wont be long before hes called up for England

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a poor side West Indies are. 

Fair play to England, you can only beat what is in front of you, but Windies have been awful

Day/night test matches - good thing?

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:40, Xela said:

What a poor side West Indies are. 

Fair play to England, you can only beat what is in front of you, but Windies have been awful

Day/night test matches - good thing?

worst test team I can remember. In moderation day/night tests yes. this worked but we dont need day night tests against the better sides which sell anyway

Big opportunity for Derbyshire to reach their first ever t20s final day and and they bottled it big time. Afridi played great but they cant have been watching him bat his whole career and bowled to his strengths and then the dropped catches

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They  have bowled well to be fair. Even Root was dropped and is having trouble

Root has to be the luckiest batsmen alive.  He's always dropped in single figures, but then he has that great knack of absolutely punishing those missed opportunities. 

He's great, but his AVG's would be vastly different if half of those dropped catches had been held onto. 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Root has to be the luckiest batsmen alive.  He's always dropped in single figures, but then he has that great knack of absolutely punishing those missed opportunities. 

He's great, but his AVG's would be vastly different if half of those dropped catches had been held onto. 

YOU could also say the amount of times Root gets out after getting to 50 has kept his average down . his conversion rate from 50 to 100 is very poor, which is why Smith averages 61 

48 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Was Stokes out or not? I think he edged that and there would have been serious question for the umpire if the windies had of reviewed it

I thought he knicked it but I can see why it wasn't given and why they chose not to review.

In the light of England being 152-6 having chosen to bat, I wonder whether a few of the newspaper articles/columns written over the past few days might be rethought and rewritten.

Obviously the WIndies could bowl us out for under 200 and still find themselves skittled for a lower total but if we find ourselves in our current predicament against the 'worst test team' some of the pundits have ever seen then we're not very good.

Edited by snowychap

21 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

WOW.  Was it a catch?!

Unbelievable!

Youuuuu bearsssssss!!!

Who knows 50:50. Wonderful advert for t20 cricket. great run chase. Did not like the way Clarke celebrated the Pollock wicket. Showed a total lack of respect for his form employers and fan club but his got his just reward in the end. 

We stated off as mediocre team Milfner but the addition of of Pollock, Pollock and Hose have given us great momentum and I think we have most bases covered now. We go hard at the top and have strength down the order. Bowling isn't great but I fancy our chances of winning it now. good draw against Glamorgan too, glad to avoid Notts. Ashley is a genius at picking up players from other counties. great eye for a player. 

• Like 1

Â