Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Well as the footie season draws to a nerve-jangling finale, some of us will be turning our attention to cricket.
So.... was anyone else at the Warwickshire bomb site this afternoon to see Chris Woakes hit his maiden century (I think it was his first anyway)?
I gave up a days bike training to go an see the Bears with missus and it was a good afternoon for Warks.
Any thoughts on Englands' Test Matches etc or is the football World Cup going to dominate ?

Worcestershire have started the season rather badly except for Moeen Ali.

Also, is England's itinerary really two tests against Bangladesh and a four test series against Pakistan?

All of that and shit loads of one-dayers are the warm up for the Ashes?

69-6 at one point I think.

Brilliant recovery though. What did we close on in the end?

382 all out and they were 3 - 0 when the umpires took 'em off for bad light - a strange decision we thought. Woakes was superb and excellent support from Neil Carter. He (Chris Woakes) HAS to play for England soon.

Yep the diet of 20/20's etc isnt good for a looming Ashes series is it but 20/20 seems to be the way of things - members have to book their seats now. Didnt I see that they were going to take the(20/20) game to the USA ?

PS It wasnt Woakes maiden century but was his highest score :oops:

Worcestershire have started the season rather badly except for Moeen Ali.

Also, is England's itinerary really two tests against Bangladesh and a four test series against Pakistan?

All of that and shit loads of one-dayers are the warm up for the Ashes?

Worcestershire lost quite a few of their players haven't they? Have a poor bowling line up now (on paper) but I was quite surprised to see Moeen Ali hit 85 out of about 134 the other day.

Worcestershire lost quite a few of their players haven't they? Have a poor bowling line up now (on paper) but I was quite surprised to see Moeen Ali hit 85 out of about 134 the other day.

I think that's right. Ali has seemed to carry the county in each innings so far this season.

And the most cerebral form of the sport takes centre stage for the next few weeks.

ICC World Twenty20, 30 April-16 May

Venues: Guyana, St Lucia and Barbados

GROUP STAGE

Group A: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Australia

Group B: Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe

Group C: South Africa, India, Afghanistan

Group D: West Indies, England, Ireland

Today's fixtures

Sri Lanka v New Zealand, Guyana

Match starts at 1800 BST

West Indies v Ireland, Guyana (d/n)

Match starts at 2200 BST

C'mon the paddies

It starts today, does it? Blimey, that's about how much notice I take of it.

I assume the Indian merry-go-round is over then?

Who won? The administrators, the TV companies or the terrorists?

About proper cricket, I was looking through the county scores the other day and I see that (the late) David Bairstow's son 'Johnny' is keeping wicket for Yorkshire. I wonder if he's any good?

Who won? The administrators, the TV companies or the terrorists?

Not that I think you are bothered Snowy but it was Chennai with Dhoni as the captain ;)

I'm back Sri Lanka to win the whole competition.

Woohoo, victory! Come on you Bears! :hooray:
About time. Should have won the first two. Both games going into the last four sessions with very good chances of winning and blew it. Hope this fires the season up and they kick on from here.

Yeah good win today - Ian Bell seems in good form. Does anyone agree that Warks might have a problem bowling sides out? I know hindsight is wonderful but I wonder if they should have gone for Matthew Hoggard; I reckon he might have come to us rather than Leics.

Â