Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Bresnan could be a genuine all rounder the way he's batting

He's always been able to hold a bat, but he really has come on leaps and bounds as of late. I'm not saying he's at Fred's standards just yet, but it's fantastic to have someone step into that position in the team.

Good thing for England at moment is there depth. If 2 or 3 top batsmen fail to fire they have Broad and Bresnan and even Swann who can hit the ball and get a decent score.

Not many teams have only 1 what you call tail ender which is Anderson

Anderson destroying them this morning. Gambhir and Dravid already gone.

45-3.

Dravid's was an odd dismissal. Given caught behind, didn't review, looked pretty straight forward, but hotspot showed nothing and now Snicko actually by shows his showlace lifted up and the bottom of his bat caught that! Very bizarre dismissal.

Laxman now gone. 56-4.

This could be over by mid-afternoon.

If it's over before 3, it means I don't have to make the difficult decision as to whether to watch the cricket or the football!

If England are going to be in a position of being No1 Test team (which looks likely), I want them to conduct themselves on and off the pitch with grace and humility - something which the Australians never did. The Aussies managed to alienate even their most ardent supporters with their arrogant and boorish attitude, which meant that when their fall from the top came, everybody laughed at them (and still are) - just hope that our boys learn that lesson.

Â