Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

I saw Mark Robinson get interviewed last night after play, and he said the pitch was a road, so I guess wickets will be hard to winkle out.

Yeah, I was basing it on play elsewhere and Warwickshire lost a few wickets quickly this morning. Somerset now 82 for 1 and batters look set. 

Not sure of the permutations if they win but without bowling points.  Lancs v Hampshire finely poised, many permutations, I think we need Lancs to win if we don't get bowling points.  Draw would be a disaster because there is 100% going to be a result there. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

if they win without bowling points they need hampshire not to win basically, but as that is definitely a result pitch - probably today at this rate :D  then bears will have to force the win

good to see glammy having an end of season bash, after being generally pants in the four day game ( but we won the One Day cup 🏆 ) ! Obviously can't be buggered to bowl on that pitch, 567/5 with nothing to play for, I guess they'll be upping their fairly meagre averages today :D 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Got a horrid feeling Warwickshire are heading for a draw.

Yeah, I came to post the same thing. Lancs/Hants is a nailed on win for one of them. Don''t think it's the Bear's year, this year. Probably Hampshire would be the most deserving winners.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Got a horrid feeling Warwickshire are heading for a draw.

Somerset have something like doubled their best innings score since the split.  Why today goddam it!

Plenty of time left in the match yet. 

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Plenty of time left in the match yet. 

I think they need to skittle them quickly tomorrow.  Hopefully the pitch is a bit damp in the morning and the ball skids around a bit.  They took a series of Warwickshire wickets early this morning after The Bears looked pretty well set last night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

Feels like this is slipping away. Not really testing Gregory or Leach. Need Woakes to find his form and finish these off within the next ten overs or so.

I agree.  They've missed that crucial bowling point now and the scores are pretty much level.

Then needed to skittle them out quick this morning which they didn't.  It's heading for a draw and even a win might not be enough now anyway.  They had it in their hands bit it's gone now I think.

Looks to me like Lancashire are coming up on the inside and may beat Hampshire and win the title which makes Warwickshire doubly cursed.  Even the lack of that extra bowling point wouldn't have mattered if they could just have got a win which looks increasingly unlikely now.  

• Like 2

Jesus that Lancs/Hampshire game was tense after a Lancs collapse when coasting to victory.  Ended up with final wicket needing 2 runs, could have easily ended in a tie which would have been handy for Warwickshire.  

The Bears are at least giving themselves a chance and scoring quickly.  Need to bat out the morning session and try to get a big enough total to skittle out Zumerzet in 2 sessions.  Unlikely but you never do know.

• Like 3

Warwickshire going like the clappers T20 style.  it's going to get interesting is they take some early Somerset wickets when they declare.  I still think there just isn't enough time now though.

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Warwickshire going like the clappers T20 style.  it's going to get interesting is they take some early Somerset wickets when they declare.  I still think there just isn't enough time now though.

Never mind that nonsense, The Pears beat Leics yesterday in division 3! 

Surprised at how early Warwicks have declared.  They give themselves the best chance of a win but also risk losing which I think means they miss out on second place as well.   Thought they would knock off another 20 or 30 to be honest.

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Surprised at how early Warwicks have declared.  They give themselves the best chance of a win but also risk losing which I think means they miss out on second place as well.   Thought they would knock off another 20 or 30 to be honest.

Can't be getting to 5:30pm and wishing you'd had five more overs to get the last wicket. Good start from us, this is the session that'll decide it!

• Like 1

Â