Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Broad and Stokes are carrying this side. Leach and Overton haven't bowled poorly, just not sufficiently well, not quite the same thing. Roy owes the side one heck of a performance with the bat after his drops. Already it is looking like our best bet is going to be hoping for more rain and grinding out a draw. 

Well, thats this test gone !!!!

Aussies 356-5

Smith 168 no - Paine 50 no

The question now is will Smith get to a double ton?

and with his figures from all of the Ashes matches he already has to be nailed on as man of the series.

Current odds at Corals are - 

England 16/1 - Draw 10/11 - Australia 1/1

Evens for the Aussies looks too big to me.

Edited by imavillan
latest betting odds added

Can't expect Stokes to bail us out twice in a row. But at least Denly and Root had competent performances in their last innings so all is not lost yet. If they can just see that rain and bad light has a chance of taking more time out of this game then a draw is still feasible. Burns also has an Ashes century so, 4/5 of the top order have some good performances to draw on, but we will need Roy, Buttler and Bairstow to be absolutely "not-shit" both innings. If they get a good ball, fine, but no wafting ill disciplined bollocks please, and no leaving all the hard work to the last ditch desperate 2nd innings. Play solidly in the first innings is a must whatever happens. We need to bat through tomorrow all day, assuming Australia declare later on, we can't afford to lose wickets tonight. 

They can do it, but I won't hold my breath.

19 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Double ton for Smith. He's quite good, isn't he. 

It was that short spell at Worcestershire that really made him. 

37 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

My dislike of Smith has been eroded by these performances 

Immense

Really?  I wouldn't mind so much if his batting was easy on the eye but shuffling across his stumps and churning runs out doesn't really appeal to me.  I dislike him for being a cheat and for being boring to watch (and being too good for us of course).

Â