Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

It was stupid not to bowl Patel out, especially when he decided to bowl Woakes instead who had been going around the park and continued to do so when he came back on for the final 2 overs.

Chopra's captaincy is poor, but who else is there to replace him? Patel? Clarke?

Also, we desperately need a middle order batsman and an opening batsman. We can't continue to rely on the same guys, Chopra, Evans, Porterfield (when he is not with Ireland), Clarke and Javid etc to play nearly every single game in all formats. When is the last time our batting got freshened up abit? 

Think Essex will do us tonight

Ha, have some faith! :)

Great batting by Evans and Woakes and then Clarke's bowling and fielding was superb.

Also, when Chopra hit the stumps from point surely the Essex batsman was out. The bail was just about disloged before his bat when past the line. Incredibly poor decision.

Great batting by Evans and Woakes and then Clarke's bowling and fielding was superb.

Also, when Chopra hit the stumps from point surely the Essex batsman was out. The bail was just about disloged before his bat when past the line. Incredibly poor decision.

Agreed.

P.S Great result again. I should stop doubting us. Bring on finals day.

Agreed.

P.S Great result again. I should stop doubting us. Bring on finals day.

Doubt us again on finals day, maybe it brings good luck!

I haven't seen feilding as poor as Essex's was last night, ever.

No ball after no ball, leg by after leg by, dropped catch after dropped catch, simple cordon ball stops leaked for 4's, they were rubbish on the night.

Woakes, Clarke & Evans MOTM's for me :D

Honorable mention to Hanon Dalby (again) too, he was very economical until his last over.

Good signing for them.

Warks with a good win in the ODC against Sussex, Willy Porterfield getting a much needed 100.

Worcs lost against Derby yesterday, batting is a big problem for them this year, only won 1 in 8 OD games, they're young, and will get better, but they could do with a top order batsman.

Erm, Notts 600 out. Warwickshire are 2-2 after 5 overs. Porterfield and Westwood both out for 1.

We desperately need batting reinforcements in the winter, also is Chopra injured?

Trott has barely scored a run this season. Now his England career is over I wonder whether his motivation is there anymore. May need to replace him as well but Bell could be back next season I guess.

Â