Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Yep. Got rid of Eto'o, got rid of Ibra, they'll just suffer the way Arsenal have done for a while. You aint gonna win shit without somebody that's strong enough to do stuff in the box. Villa, Messi, Iniesta, Pedro et al are all very good players, but they'll struggle to break teams down with a direct route.

:lol::lol: :cry:

Yep. Got rid of Eto'o, got rid of Ibra, they'll just suffer the way Arsenal have done for a while. You aint gonna win shit without somebody that's strong enough to do stuff in the box. Villa, Messi, Iniesta, Pedro et al are all very good players, but they'll struggle to break teams down with a direct route.

They've won nothing yet and have looked toss in the CL against teams who don't play as openly as Spanish sides. What is it, 1 win in 3 away games against Pana, Kazan and Copenhagen?

Obviously they'll do well and win alot of games, just like Arsenal still do. But if they win the CL this year I'll eat my hat and everybody elses.

I'm just happy to see King Zlatan single-handedly winning the Scudetto. :notworthy:

Yes I did and they were great, but like I said, they'll do fine against other Spanish sides. Because for some reason they have no interest in defending, it's almost like they'd rather lose 10-1 than 1-0.

Both games against Kazan and Copenhagen they were pretty poor, by any teams standards, least their own.

The year they won the CL. the drew to Basel and lost to Shakhtar. A few results with weakened teams in a competition they were almost guarenteed to qualify in and did so comfortably wouldn't worry me. They don't need to play any direct stuff, they can play football to a level no one else can or come close too. I can't see anyone stopping them.

Also, Spanish teams always stick men behind the ball vs Barca, it don't last for long though. A Mourinho team would never have no interest in defending. They'd have been well drilled going into that game with a game plan from a master tactician and they still got slaughtered.

I disagree regarding the way Spanish teams play. The amount of time and space they get is ridiculous, same goes for Madrid. The teams generally aren't interested in 10 men behind the ball, row z, kinda stuff.

I don't think they'll win the Champions League, but there's no point arguing it, we'll see at the end of May. The might prove me wrong, they might prove me right.

If last years SF is anything to go by, they'll prove me right, they barely had a shot on target until they sent Pique forward.

Though I did think they'd struggle alot more than they have even in La Liga. Only that mare against Hercules so far that I can think of.

They've won nothing yet and have looked toss in the CL against teams who don't play as openly as Spanish sides. What is it, 1 win in 3 away games against Pana, Kazan and Copenhagen?

Obviously they'll do well and win alot of games, just like Arsenal still do. But if they win the CL this year I'll eat my hat and everybody elses.

I'm just happy to see King Zlatan single-handedly winning the Scudetto. :notworthy:

You so crazy.

Yes I did and they were great, but like I said, they'll do fine against other Spanish sides. Because for some reason they have no interest in defending, it's almost like they'd rather lose 10-1 than 1-0.

Both games against Kazan and Copenhagen they were pretty poor, by any teams standards, least their own.

Edited by Zatman

He'll be remembered as a very good player that never did much.

WHAT??!?!?!?! He won 6 league titles in a row, Ajax, Juve, Inter and Barca and is now having a great year at AC Milan.

But he never really did anything in England, and that's what matters! ;)

WHAT??!?!?!?! He won 6 league titles in a row, Ajax, Juve, Inter and Barca and is now having a great year at AC Milan.

That really is it though. His reputation over here is very poor, he hasnt really shone in the Champions League against any of our sides (yes, he scored a couple against Arsenal last year but got totally outshone by Messi in the second leg) but if you asked a Serie A fan what they thought of him then they would probably say he has been one of the best players of the past twenty years.

My opinion? Well, he could be the best player to watch on YouTube ever. Check this out. Quite incredible.

I agree. Lots of people over here haven't seen much of him so automatically don't class him as a great player. Fair enough to those who have seen him and don't rate him, in that case it is just down to personal opinion. I just think the former are in the majority.

I remember watching him play in the CL last year, can't remember who against, but all the commentators kept banging on about was his poor record against English sides. And then he scored, and they made a big deal about him finally scoring against English opposition. Like he cares!

That really is it though. His reputation over here is very poor, he hasnt really shone in the Champions League against any of our sides (yes, he scored a couple against Arsenal last year but got totally outshone by Messi in the second leg) but if you asked a Serie A fan what they thought of him then they would probably say he has been one of the best players of the past twenty years.

My opinion? Well, he could be the best player to watch on YouTube ever. Check this out. Quite incredible.

Yup.

If he had done what he has done for Juve, Inter and Milan for say Man Utd or Arsenal then he would be talked about in the same sort of terms as Cantona.

• 4 months later...

Get your hat out 8)

Get your hat out 8)

You must gave had a reminder set up on your phone for that one!

Get your hat out 8)

You must gave had a reminder set up on your phone for that one!

I just remembered it before the game, mainly due to the arguement about Messi playing central (as he does) whereas Kurtsimonw always said he played wide. I always remember that whenever Barca play ...which then made me think of this thread and the crazy thoughts. 8)

sad as ****.

• 11 months later...

Barca would've won the title if they had a target man, don't you think, POB? :P

I think it's also worth pointing out that Milan don't have much creativity at all. Their most creative players are Cassano who was out pretty much the whole season and Aquilani, who was injured or on the bench for half of it.

Rumours he may join Madrid. Has anyone ever played for Juve, Inter, Milan, Barca and Madrid?

Â