Zlatan Ibrahimovic

mikeyp102

Would he cut the mustard in the prem?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Would he cut the mustard in the prem?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, hes one of the most intelligent footballers on teh planet. Hes time at Juve and Inter was amazing, carried poor temas and won titles consistently whilst playing up front on his own. Weve also seen Guardiola come out this week and admit he mismanaged the situation and Barca have really missed out because of it

Yep. Got rid of Eto'o, got rid of Ibra, they'll just suffer the way Arsenal have done for a while. You aint gonna win shit without somebody that's strong enough to do stuff in the box. Villa, Messi, Iniesta, Pedro et al are all very good players, but they'll struggle to break teams down with a direct route.

• 4 weeks later...

Technically he is the best player in the world IMO but he's got a similar problem to C.Ronaldo in that the team needs to be built around him. He did so well at Inter because Inter played a 4-5-1 with 3 DM's + Stankovic in midfield. Ibrahimovic was there attack, and won them the league 2 years in a row pretty much by himself. At Barca it went wrong for him towards the end of last year, I think Barca made a huge mistake selling him though and he's doing well for Milan so far.

Technically he is the best player in the world IMO but he's got a similar problem to C.Ronaldo in that the team needs to be built around him. He did so well at Inter because Inter played a 4-5-1 with 3 DM's + Stankovic in midfield. Ibrahimovic was there attack, and won them the league 2 years in a row pretty much by himself. At Barca it went wrong for him towards the end of last year, I think Barca made a huge mistake selling him though and he's doing well for Milan so far.

Agreed, under Mancini they played very similar to City right now. When they needed a goal they told Ibra to get one, and he did whether it was a tap in or a 35 yarder. The guy was unstoppable. He probably won't be as effective at Milan but he has a big chance of being the Serie A top scorer again. Agree about Barca too, gave them a different option, but somewhat didn't suit their style. Needed time to integrate.

Agreed, under Mancini they played very similar to City right now. When they needed a goal they told Ibra to get one, and he did whether it was a tap in or a 35 yarder. The guy was unstoppable. He probably won't be as effective at Milan but he has a big chance of being the Serie A top scorer again. Agree about Barca too, gave them a different option, but somewhat didn't suit their style. Needed time to integrate.

Still scored 22 goals at Barça...

For a guy his size he never uses his head much does he?

Also, he's very much one footed.

If he could use everything he'd be uber lethal.

As it is he's just a very good striker.

He'll pretty much always use his chest over his head, even if it's in the box, he'd rather chest and volley.

Also, when your right foot is capable of

why bother with your left?

I dont think their is a player alive who can divide opinion about his talent so much.

He is a good player who never turned up in a lot of the major games for Sweden, Inter, Juve or Barca. He had moments but not as good as he believes.

I also think as a person he is a major dickhead especially for that 2 footed tackle on Laursen in the friendly at VP in 07

• 2 months later...

I don't think our former manager particularly likes him

Arsenal legend David O'Leary's fury at Ibrahimovic's over-the-top challenge

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 3:20 PM on 3rd January 2011

David O'Leary showed his ugly side when multi-million pound AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic revealed too many studs against Al Ahli. The ex-Arsenal defender is now managing the Dubai club and was hoping to see off the Italian giants in the Emirates Challenge Cup.

But when the big Swede clattered into Hassan in the dying seconds with Milan leading 2-1, O'Leary rediscovered the bite that made him so feared at the heart of George Graham's Highbury side.

Incensed, the 52-year-old former Leeds and Aston Villa manager had to be held back by colleagues as he hollered at Ibrahimovic who in turn taunted O'Leary from a distance.

Just as the situation was threatening to boil over the referee blew the final whistle and suddenly it was handshakes all round.

Not that the match passed that well for Milan as star striker Robinho - the same one who just couldn't play for Manchester City - was carried off with a knee injury after coming off second best when charging into a pitchside TV camera.

But the sight of the Brazil man with his knee covered in ice and being helped from the scene of the incident should not cause too much concern Rosseneri fans too much and he is not expected to be a long-term casualty.

Instead, Robinho may miss one match after needing ten stitches in the wound - that's charging into a solid metal object brandishing just a knee for protection does for you.

O'Leary skirted the issue of the clash and said: 'I wouldn’t want to talk about him (Ibrahimovic). It’s been a pleasure to have AC Milan here.

'It’s a club I’ve admired for a long long time. I’ve been lucky at Arsenal to play against them and then to be manager against them. It was a lovely evening. I hope Milan got what they wanted out of it and Robinho is alright. I hope they go on to win the league as well.'

Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri said: 'It was just a nervous moment between the player and coach. It died out immediately after that.'

Clip

Â