Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

On 23/10/2021 at 14:15, limpid said:

You can't compare CPU speed between architectures.

Just thinking about this. As it's a new architecture, you'd probably be better avoiding it for a while if you are playing things like PUBG on your phone. It'll be a while before they optimise for the new processor..

On 26/10/2021 at 10:54, Anthony said:

Pixel 6 arrived this morning. Here's a tip to avoid shouting and swearing when copying over data: Turn off your Pihole.

Or do it over USB.

6 hours ago, Anthony said:

Tried that first. Oneplus 'not compatible' or summink.

How are you finding yours? What was your old phone? 

I went from the Pixel 5 to the Pixel 6 pro. The lead method apparently works fine for iPhone users so I don't know what OnePlus have done there.

Unless you were using the OnePlus red rapid charger lead as that isn't standard USB.

So far it's fantastic. Particularly the camera. I'm so glad I don't keep all my media on my phone. I was largely done in a lunch break.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I have a "Laser 10" " tablet and it has started to randomly switch itself off,any ideas what causes this and more important,how to fix it ?

Hardware fault. How old is it and where did you buy it? Is there any external evidence that it's been dropped?

21 hours ago, limpid said:

Hardware fault. How old is it and where did you buy it? Is there any external evidence that it's been dropped?

It has not been dropped but it is quite old.Not sure how old,but definately old.The reason I think it might need a new battery is because when I play chess ( online ) my pieces and my opponents pieces move very slowly also every now and then it just randomly switches itself off.

It has not been dropped but it is quite old.Not sure how old,but definately old.The reason I think it might need a new battery is because when I play chess ( online ) my pieces and my opponents pieces move very slowly also every now and then it just randomly switches itself off.

A factory reset might help with that. The battery won't affect the speed of the device.

The natural twisting action caused by how you hold a tablet limits their life unless the chassis is very rigid. I've never heard of that model to know anything about it.

23 hours ago, limpid said:

A factory reset might help with that. The battery won't affect the speed of the device.

The natural twisting action caused by how you hold a tablet limits their life unless the chassis is very rigid. I've never heard of that model to know anything about it.

I have just done a factory reset and it is still slow,thats why I thought it might be the battery.

17 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I have just done a factory reset and it is still slow,thats why I thought it might be the battery.

More likely processor or graphics if the display is lagging. Are all the available software updates up to date?

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

More likely processor or graphics if the delay is lagging. Are all the available software updates up to date?

Ill have to check that,get back to you tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

I use macrodroid to automate some things on my phone.  One thing I can't figure out is how to get it to turn on my mobile hotspot when I get in the car and connect to my cars Bluetooth,  and then turn it off when I disconnect.   Maybe there's another app which would work but I'm struggling at the moment. 

PlayStore question:

I downloaded "Unciv"and "World conquorer 2" from the play store and if i go to the playstore and type in "Unciv"I get the option to play the game,but there is no shortcut on my screen ?!The same goes for "World conquorer 2" 

How can I put a shortcut on my screen so that I dont have to go to Playstore,lookup game type it in .......and only then play the game ?

PlayStore question:

I downloaded "Unciv"and "World conquorer 2" from the play store and if i go to the playstore and type in "Unciv"I get the option to play the game,but there is no shortcut on my screen ?!The same goes for "World conquorer 2" 

How can I put a shortcut on my screen so that I dont have to go to Playstore,lookup game type it in .......and only then play the game ?

Are they disappearing into the "Play Games" app/console/whatever?

All mine were going in there for a while but I changed the settings and now only the pre-installed crap like Solitaire lives in it.

22 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Are they disappearing into the "Play Games" app/console/whatever?

All mine were going in there for a while but I changed the settings and now only the pre-installed crap like Solitaire lives in it.

I dont know where they are.I am using a Samsung Galaxy tablet.Where do I find this app/console and how do I change the settings ?

Thanks for your quick reply.

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I dont know where they are.I am using a Samsung Galaxy tablet.Where do I find this app/console and how do I change the settings ?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Hmmm... Might be that you need to do a search for it.  Try the Play Store as if it's already installed it'll show up for you to open instead of download.

Yes,thats what I said.If I go to the playstore and type in the name of the game I get the option to plan the game.There should be a shortcut,but I cant find it.The tablet is new and has the factory settings,I havent changed anything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2022 at 13:44, PussEKatt said:

Yes,thats what I said.If I go to the playstore and type in the name of the game I get the option to plan the game.There should be a shortcut,but I cant find it.The tablet is new and has the factory settings,I havent changed anything.

I meant type in Game Launcher or Play Games and see what comes up. There's definitely an app that holds all the games and you have to open them via that unless you change the settings.

Â