Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Has anyone lost their. Shortcut to copy link address when posting pictures into VT? (from a tablet) 

I can't work out what's happened.  Since forever I just find the picture, hold my finger on it and a menu pops up with the option to copy link address. 

Now a different menu pops up and that option has gone. I then have to navigate to the picture and click on a share icon in the top right of the picture that brings up a different menu.  Then click and hold a link address at the bottom which then finally brings up the same menu I always used to get.   But even then the link often doesn't imbed the picture into VT just leaving the link up. 

At first I thought it was an update to Opera which I use, but then the same happened with Chrome. 

Finally it seems to be to do with Google search because if I search for images with Ecosia, the same old menu appears. 

Is anyone else having this problem / experienced it? 

My phone still seems to work OK so I am thinking some setting has been changed on my tablet or something. 

It's really flippin annoying. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is anyone else having this problem / experienced it? 

Dont have a tablet. But can you try with Firefox and see if it works as it isnt a Chrome-clone like the others?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Dont have a tablet. But can you try with Firefox and see if it works as it isnt a Chrome-clone like the others?

I'll give it a try.  I think I have tried Firefox and didn't get on with it.  I tried most of them when I was trying to move away from Chrome and settled on Opera. 

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, opera.  Used Google Search or Ecosia search. 

Nothing will allow me to copy image address links and imbed them. And it's now the same on my phone

I can't believe it's just me now it's on 2 devices. 

Just now, blandy said:

Share image is the thing you want to be using, surely. It’s there with the link symbol next to it

No, I click that and it brings up a load of options like share to what's app or an e-mail, but none of them allow me to copy the link address. 

Just tried to screenshot it but the files too big. 

I can use the share link you can see top right of that screenshot which opens another menu which then brings up a copy link address button but what that produces won't embed.

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

click that and it brings up a load of options like share to what's app or an e-mail, but none of them allow me to copy the link address.

In those options isn’t there a “copy” item?

if not a workaround is save image and then post it via the VT choose files thing in the posting box

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

In those options isn’t there a “copy” item?

if not a workaround is save image and then post it via the VT choose files thing in the posting box

No copy as above. 

It's just weird. I must have somehow made a change but no idea how or why it's affected 2 devices for me. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

No copy as above. 

It's just weird. I must have somehow made a change but no idea how or why it's affected 2 devices for me. 

I don’t mean in the image you posted, I mean I the menu that comes up after you use the link symbol jobber. Like this (except I’m not on my android, but an iPad)

46031C86-F0F5-49A8-A150-D117306251F4.jpeg

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don’t mean in the image you posted, I mean I the menu that comes up after you use the link symbol jobber. Like this (except I’m not on my android, but an iPad)

46031C86-F0F5-49A8-A150-D117306251F4.jpeg

That was the menu which appeared when I clicked share image. 

The tap to copy link won't embed. 

If I long hold that though I get back to the original options I always used to get before all this as follows 

But even when I use that copy link button it still won't embed anymore. 

Screenshot_20210418-192943_Opera.jpg

And the Tap to copy link when pasted, doesn't embed. That's maybe because of Google (or Ecosia, which uses Google's search stuff). I guess you'd have to copy the link, paste it into a tab, then go through the process again, on that tab's image, and then paste the link into VT. That's bobbins! Does it do the same if you use Bing or DuckDuckgo?

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

And the Tap to copy link when pasted, doesn't embed. That's maybe because of Google (or Ecosia, which uses Google's search stuff). I guess you'd have to copy the link, paste it into a tab, then go through the process again, on that tab's image, and then paste the link into VT. That's bobbins! Does it do the same if you use Bing or DuckDuckgo?

Just tried searching an image on DuckDuckgo and it's the same result 

Â