Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

So I have ordered the Pixel 5 from mobiles.co.uk £125 up front and £35 a month on Vodafone. Possible £50 cashback through Too cashback.

I am not sure why Google called the 4A 5G that. Why didn't they just add wireless charging and call it the 5XL?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, limpid said:

What new navigation? It's the same as my last two phones. What's changed?

Well the scroll up from the bottom appears slightly different but the main thing in some apps there is no "back" button. Currently it doesn't feel as easy for me as on the Pixel 3. I will have a comparison tomorrow if I get time.

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well the scroll up from the bottom appears slightly different but the main thing in some apps there is no "back" button. Currently it doesn't feel as easy for me as on the Pixel 3. I will have a comparison tomorrow if I get time.

You can't blame the phone if the app developers have removed the back button :mrgreen:

I've been using swipe from the left for back for long enough that I don't remember when I started. It's the same on Chromebooks too. Which version of Android did you move from?

• Thanks 1

On 23/10/2020 at 18:44, limpid said:

You can't blame the phone if the app developers have removed the back button :mrgreen:

I've been using swipe from the left for back for long enough that I don't remember when I started. It's the same on Chromebooks too. Which version of Android did you move from?

It was the latest as it was a pixel 3. 

I have the same issue n Chrome which you would have thought would be OK. Never tried swiping so will make an effort to try it out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/10/2020 at 18:44, limpid said:

Had Android for years and never knew you could swipe left for back. 

Next you'll be telling me that swiping right is used for more than just Tinder. 

18 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Had Android for years and never knew you could swipe left for back. 

Next you'll be telling me that swiping right is used for more than just Tinder. 

Not swipe left, swipe from the left (edge).

• 1 month later...

I know a few posters got the pixel 5 on release, how you finding it?

My contract is up in a couple of months and it's the only phone I've got my eye on. I've read that it hasn't got the highest end chip set, now that's not something that really concerns me, I'm not what you'd consider a power user. 

My only slight niggle is that my current handset (Huawei P30 standard) is still performing admirably so I'm just thinking that unless the P5 is a big step up that I'd be swapping for the sake of swapping. 

18 hours ago, av1 said:

I know a few posters got the pixel 5 on release, how you finding it?

My contract is up in a couple of months and it's the only phone I've got my eye on. I've read that it hasn't got the highest end chip set, now that's not something that really concerns me, I'm not what you'd consider a power user. 

My only slight niggle is that my current handset (Huawei P30 standard) is still performing admirably so I'm just thinking that unless the P5 is a big step up that I'd be swapping for the sake of swapping. 

It's great. I can't give you advice without knowing how you use your phone.

I don't believe there is enough difference between phones to change unless you have an issue with your current phone.

2 hours ago, limpid said:

It's great. I can't give you advice without knowing how you use your phone.

I don't believe there is enough difference between phones to change unless you have an issue with your current phone.

Thanks Limpid. I may not bother changing then tbh. I only use my phone for browsing and emails and stuff, and as I said, the Huawei is still going strong..

• 5 weeks later...

Could really use some advice on my S20 work phone.

Two weeks ago I started getting OS spam about activating 'find my phone'. I don't know what it's called in English unfortunately. It's called something like 'offline search'.

I've tried every to use every google advice out there and it still pops up like every 15 min.

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Could really use some advice on my S20 work phone.

Two weeks ago I started getting OS spam about activating 'find my phone'. I don't know what it's called in English unfortunately. It's called something like 'offline search'.

I've tried every to use every google advice out there and it still pops up like every 15 min.

As you know, I won't have Samsung phones, but why don't you activate it?

1 hour ago, limpid said:

As you know, I won't have Samsung phones, but why don't you activate it?

I could, but I initially didn’twant too and now it's a matter of principle. Samsung don't get to decide for me or spam me with shite until I use their crap software.

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I could, but I initially didn’twant too and now it's a matter of principle. Samsung don't get to decide for me or spam me with shite until I use their crap software.

Unfortunately, it looks like they do.

have you  tried this:

biometrics and security --> find my mobile (click on the words not the toggle) --> 3 dots --> notifications --> under "others" toggle the "new features" OFF

• Thanks 1

Â