Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Aye, indeed. That was my point, your priorities will dictate which is better and the screen for one is somethingthat can go either way depending on if you want size or the benefits of an AMOLED screen. For me I've used amoled screens before and found them far better than normal tft screens so it was a big plus.

The camera makes no difference to me because the only pics I will take on a phone will just end up on facebook, and no one wants 8mp pictures on facebook! As long as the quality is good enough then it doesn't really matter it it's 5, 8 or 100, the end result is the same. If you're really worried about quality then you should be using a proper camera anyway.

I definitely agree that the se looks better, but the desire isn't exactly ugly so it's not a big factor.

I wish I could share your optimism about the software updates but I've waited long enough for updates to only buy based on what something can do now rather than might be able to in future, so l living with the sluggishness of the x10 wasn't really an option imo. When 2.1 hits the x10 2.2 will be out with the improvement gains that brings and flash 10.1, so it'll be back to waiting then as well.

Updates can be slow. The Hero update is at least six months overdue and looking increasingly unlikely to ever happen.

Basically the X10 and Desire have both got excellent reviews and when I tried them both out in the O2 store the X10 is the one that grabbed me. Haven't regretted my decision one bit in the month I've had it so I'm happy with that. I love android, really really can't see myself ever leaving it.

love swype

It's awesome isn't it.

The one thing I've always hated about touchscreen phones is typing on the onscreen keyboard, and swype solves that and then some. Once you get used to it you can type stupidly fast with it.

I still dont get what happened when I tried to use it. That said, I am perfectly comfortable with a virtual keyboard.

Off of Kidderminster? Schoolkid special to Hagley! That is a job our depot actually does (I have driven it plenty of times) but I wont be on it tomorrow. If you catch it on any kind of semi regular basis, you should let me know.

Android 2.2's started rolling out to the nexus one now.

Come on HTC, don't keep me waiting too long, I want flash 10.1!

HTC still haven't released 2.1 for HTC Hero for UK as yet, though promising to release it back in Januray, then March, then April and now promising to release it in June. So don't have your hopes up mate, probably won't see it till November/December time.

Also I don't think they will update all their phones to Android 2.2, think it will be the HTC Desire, probably also the Legend, Incredible (US) and Evo 4G (US) and any other phones they release this year (possibly the HTC Wildfire too even though thats pretty low spec).

I am thinking of getting a nexus one for 2.2. Wish the HTC Incredible and Evo 4G would work in UK :(

Which is why if they don't hurry up and make a decent QWERTY phone, I'll go for a Nexus One as opposed to anything else. I've really enjoyed having the latest and greatest on the G1 for 18 months, the speed improvements in Froyo will give it a new lease of life but imagine what it will be like a 1Ghz Snapdragon..

HTC still haven't released 2.1 for HTC Hero for UK as yet, though promising to release it back in Januray, then March, then April and now promising to release it in June. So don't have your hopes up mate, probably won't see it till November/December time.

Also I don't think they will update all their phones to Android 2.2, think it will be the HTC Desire, probably also the Legend, Incredible (US) and Evo 4G (US) and any other phones they release this year (possibly the HTC Wildfire too even though thats pretty low spec).

I am thinking of getting a nexus one for 2.2. Wish the HTC Incredible and Evo 4G would work in UK :(

In fairness though the upgrade from 1.6 to 2.1 was huge. There's not really that much changing in 2.1 that will effect the manufacturers customisations.

I'm not expecting to see it until July/August time, but it's definitely not as huge a task as the upgrade from 1.6.

Seems I maybe checking out HTC's wares sooner than I expected - having lost my N97 the other night, assuming my insurance covers it, which it should, Orange don't seem to offer it anymore, which'll mean a vaguely equivalent selection of replacements, which will most include some of HTC's goodies.

Every cloud and all that. I've had a play on a Desire recently and the difference between Nokia's UI and that's is like night and day. I love Nokia's UI but it's really, really looking old and bulky these days.

Still... I come back to the problem with no QWERTY though.

Â