Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

I don't have the 6T. I can't comment on any of those as they aren't announced yet 🙂

The 6? 

Just looking for thoughts on OnePlus in general. Camera / stock Android or as close as / use over a long period / the UX overall.

1 minute ago, Dick said:

The 6? 

Just looking for thoughts on OnePlus in general. Camera / stock Android or as close as / use over a long period / the UX overall.

Yes the 6. Everything just works. Pretty much stock. I don't use the camera much, but it seems to be good. The regular security upgrades are good. Dash charging is really good. I usually change phones quite often and I'm quite happy with this one. It might even last until I drop it :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, limpid said:

Yes the 6. Everything just works. Pretty much stock. I don't use the camera much, but it seems to be good. The regular security upgrades are good. Dash charging is really good. I usually change phones quite often and I'm quite happy with this one. It might even last until I drop it :)

Sweet. Dash charging, how long does it take to do (for example) 20% to 80%? Also, how quickly does the battery drain for moderate use? 

Moderate; high screen brightness, one youtube video, streaming music, checking Twitter regularly, emailing.

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Sweet. Dash charging, how long does it take to do (for example) 20% to 80%? Also, how quickly does the battery drain for moderate use? 

Moderate; high screen brightness, one youtube video, streaming music, checking Twitter regularly, emailing.

I'm definitely the wrong person to ask :) I don't do moderate usage and my screen is always on max.

20%-80% is I guess about 15 mins. I top up whenever I'm near a USB-C, so I don't get to use the Dash much. It's bloody useful when I need it though. eg Most of a charge while I have a shower.

If I'm out early morning until late on a Friday, I'll hit the battery saver at around 9-10pm unless I've been using Bluetooth a lot. I have an app which turns off wifi away from home and office. It's only gone (almost) flat once - when I hadn't quite pushed the lead in one night. The battery saver kept enough charge to sound the alarm in the morning. A dash charge and it was basically full when I left the house.

19 hours ago, Dick said:

I've looked at possibly getting the OnePlus 6T. What do you like about it? Currently, my options for my next phone are:

1) P30 Pro

2) Pixel 4

3) Galaxy S10 or Note 10

4) OnePlus 7

I've just got a OP6T. It's good value, I can't imagine wanting any more bells and whistles. It's got great battery life, which is an important feature to me. Most phones high end phones have good performance, some have better cameras or some other hardware or software feature. For me this isn't necessary, I've have a OP1, OP3T and now OP6T. Each have been excellent. 

I have the 5t, warp charge (copyright/trademark claim over dash) is immense. I hammer my phone with heavy usage and lots of screen on time, if it gets below 50% I might throw it on charge forn10-15 minutes and go back out at 80%+. I'd have wait another 10-15 forntheb80g100% charge. 

I not massively into using the camera but it is the best you're going to get without spending another £300 on a handset.

• 2 months later...

The new P30 (standard model) was so very, very  nearly my perfect phone.

Not huge

Flat screen

Great battery

Great camera

The only bloody thing I don't like is the ingress protection rating of 53. As an electrician that works in construction I'd like a bit better than. 

On 04/01/2018 at 13:43, Tegis said:

Pixel XL is a bloody good phone.

And now I'm on the Pixel XL 2. (Finally at normal pricelevels) All the same stuff but faster and better camera.

I'm looking to replace chrome as my android browser as seems to be consuming a hell of a lot of battery. 

Via browser and Brave browser seem to have good reviews, can anyone recommend a good lightweight android browser?

Edit. Just noticed a thread dedicated to browsers so I'm not sure if this should be here,. Apologies if not, mods please delete if this should be elsewhere.

Edited by av1

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a Samsung Galaxy A70 a few days ago as my iPhone 7 was starting to decay.

6.7" Amoled screen with tear drop notch and pretty much no chin

Face recognition

Under glass fingerprint sensor

Decent cameras with depth sensor

4500 mah battery

£370.

For the money so far it's a real bargain, more so than the pixel 3a which everyone is banging on about. Other than the camera being a bit better the Samsung is better in almost every other regard spec to spec imo. Seriously good phone.

Edited by Ingram85

32 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It looks incredible. Might save up for one to replace my OnePlus 3 that's still going strong.

Honestly not sure I need the Pro. The standard one looks pretty good. I'd have considered the Pixel 3a but it isn't dual SIM.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

No access to the play store or other Google apps for future Huawei devices is a bit of a deal breaker, isn't it. 

Thanks Trump.

Apparently existing users won't see any immediate change, we probably won't have access to future updates. 

Just now, av1 said:

Apparently existing users won't see any immediate change, we probably won't have access to future updates. 

Hopefully you'll get updated apps.

Â