Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Couple of guys in the office have purchased a Leagoo phone... a Chinese android phone. Not sure which model it is but it cost £120. Its a huge amount of phone for the money. They both rate it highly 

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The S8 has a better camera, and a better screen. But it also has a stupid fingerprint sensor placement, so I wouldn't actually use it, that ridiculous Bixby button, and while the screen is gorgeous, the fragility concerns me. The Nokia gets quicker updates (Oreo is rolling out, not yet in sight for the S8), seems to just edge it in battery life, and is between £80-130 cheaper, cashback allowing.

How about the S7? You can get some good deals on it and still a very good phone. Plus the fingerprint sensor is on front (i think). Still a lot of phone for the money. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The S8 has a better camera, and a better screen. But it also has a stupid fingerprint sensor placement,

I find having it on the back (Nexus 5x) is a better placement actually. My indexfinger is always there anyway so unlocking it is a breeze. The only drawback would be to unlock it if the phone is on the desk, then you have to pick it up to get to the phone. I'd take the Nokia though, better priced and clean Android.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Writing that out has pretty much made up my mind. All I use the bloody thing for is Spotify, taking cat photos, and dicking around on the internet. The S8's not going to do that better by much of a margin.

Why are you thinking of spending over £400 on something if that's all you are going to do with it? As @Xela said there are some bargain Android phones out there. The Moto G5 Plus is a lot of phone for the money.

Bought my GF the Xiaomi Mi A1 for £180 and she loves it.

Android One, Duel Camera, 4GB ram, 64GB storage and its pink. All for under £200. I am annoyed i paid what i did for my Oneplus 5. next phone will be chinese

20 hours ago, Tegis said:

I find having it on the back (Nexus 5x) is a better placement actually. My indexfinger is always there anyway so unlocking it is a breeze. The only drawback would be to unlock it if the phone is on the desk, then you have to pick it up to get to the phone. I'd take the Nokia though, better priced and clean Android.

It's not that the S8's fingerprint sensor is on the back, but that it's not centered. It's located to the right of the camera sensor at the top of the phone. Completely awkward placement.

Also the OnePlus 5T is looking like a beast. The phone the 5 should have been.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

t's not that the S8's fingerprint sensor is on the back, but that it's not centered. It's located to the right of the camera sensor at the top of the phone

Ah, did not know that.

2 hours ago, zak said:

Bought my GF the Xiaomi Mi A1 for £180 and she loves it.

Android One, Duel Camera, 4GB ram, 64GB storage and its pink. All for under £200. I am annoyed i paid what i did for my Oneplus 5. next phone will be chinese

OnePlus is Chinese :D 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My OnePlus is coming to the end of its life, more due to having dropped it too many times for it to handle and having two corners of the screen missing. The question is do i treat myself to the OnePlus 5T which ive had my eye on, or start looking into other chinese brands? Ive read a few reviews of the leagoo s9 but nothing clear on whether it will be available to order outside of china? 

Is OnePlus still the best value for money?

2 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

My OnePlus is coming to the end of its life, more due to having dropped it too many times for it to handle and having two corners of the screen missing. The question is do i treat myself to the OnePlus 5T which ive had my eye on, or start looking into other chinese brands? Ive read a few reviews of the leagoo s9 but nothing clear on whether it will be available to order outside of china? 

As always, an impossible question unless you describe your usage :mrgreen: 

11 minutes ago, limpid said:

The original or the 2?

The original, I can't stomach the cost of the 2, yet. There are no official retailers for the pixel in Sweden and you can't get it through the play store, so the prices are silly. 900 quid for imports

• Like 1

On 30/12/2017 at 09:26, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

I have a Oneplus 5 but wouldnt have bought it again in hidsight. Its a great phone but my GF got a Xiaomi Mi A1 for £180 and apart from missing NFC it does everything i need my phone for to a decent level.

16 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I love my One Plus 5. Best phone I've ever had hands down. Dropped it yesterday and smashed the screen though. Gutted.

I have just done the same last night. you going to get it repaired through oneplus with all that hassle or go with a phone repair shop?

6 minutes ago, zak said:

I have just done the same last night. you going to get it repaired through oneplus with all that hassle or go with a phone repair shop?

Probably get it done with One Plus. 

Haven't really got round to looking into it yet. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Probably get it done with One Plus. 

Haven't really got round to looking into it yet. 

Think it will be cheaper but believe you have to send it to Poland or somewhere and it can take a while. There customer service is not considered great.

Alternative is a phone shop who can probably do it in 2 hours but will charge £120 or so.

Im probably going to give it to a phone shop to do it

Just now, zak said:

Think it will be cheaper but believe you have to send it to Poland or somewhere and it can take a while. There customer service is not considered great.

Alternative is a phone shop who can probably do it in 2 hours but will charge £120 or so.

Im probably going to give it to a phone shop to do it

Do phone shops repair One Plus phones? Never seen that before, but never really looked either.... 

• 1 month later...
Â