Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

1 hour ago, av1 said:

This isn't a pop mate because i always buy a case for my phones (although i never buy flagships), but it does seem ironic that some folk buy phones because of their appearance only to then cover the things up. 

Completely agree mate. It annoys me that I pay that much for a phone and have to cover it up. I've just bought a cheap case just whilst I get used to it as it is much bigger than the M8 which I currently have. 

• 2 weeks later...

So Nexus 6P replacement has improved battery life but have come to the conclusion I need a smaller phone, any Moto G or Wileyfox users want to give an opinion on their mobile

• 1 month later...

Broke my oneplus 3 last week so need a new phone. 

waiting till oneplus 5 launch next week and will probably get that.

Also looking into the new Essential phone and then a few Chinese cheaper options, if anyone has any suggestions

On 12/06/2017 at 22:17, zak said:

Broke my oneplus 3 last week so need a new phone. 

waiting till oneplus 5 launch next week and will probably get that.

Also looking into the new Essential phone and then a few Chinese cheaper options, if anyone has any suggestions

I have just recently bought a Doogee X5 Max for £50 (Brand new) on Amazon .

For the money it is bloody brilliant .

The battery life is fantastic .(4000mAh)

Image result for doogee x5 max

Edited by Brumerican

Carrying both personal and work phones is beginning to annoy me, so I'm considering the oneplus 3t as I've read its a dual sim. 

I know the oneplus 5 is out in a few weeks, but the rumours are that will be around £500, and I'm not paying that sort of money for a phone. 

Is it likely that the oneplus 3t will reduce in price a little once the 5 is released?

Just ordered a Oneplus 5, gone for 128Gb version. Wifey gets the G5, wonder how many hours it will last in its immaculate condition.

Have Oneplus lost their way slightly? The price is now up near to the Galaxy S8 with a proper warranty etc. OnePlus started out as being flagship specs with a big saving versus the big brands. Its only a 1080 screen also isn't it?

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Have Oneplus lost their way slightly? The price is now up near to the Galaxy S8 with a proper warranty etc. OnePlus started out as being flagship specs with a big saving versus the big brands. Its only a 1080 screen also isn't it?

One plus 5 is £450 isn't it?

The Samsung S8 is £690.

Still a decent gap in price. 

Edited by PieFacE

The 3/3T are still great. The 5 is an incremental upgrade. Very good phone to buy for someone looking for a new phone though. Probably the most powerful phone on the planet, for over 200 bucks cheaper than most flagship phones.

I'm not sure why more than 1080p resolution is that important in a phone. The additional performance and battery capacity of a 1080p screen far outweigh the occasional and hard to notice resolution difference. 

A lot of flagship Android devices are pushing the increased resolution though. 

16 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm not sure why more than 1080p resolution is that important in a phone. The additional performance and battery capacity of a 1080p screen far outweigh the occasional and hard to notice resolution difference. 

A lot of flagship Android devices are pushing the increased resolution though. 

My experience is that amoled makes more difference than pixels in a phone. Other way around on a tablet though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, my Lenovo P2 then. £200 from Three. Giffgaff SIM in it. Amoled 1080p screen, decent processor, 4gb ram, 32gb storage, SD slot, dual SIM, and.... 5100 mah battery that can last me THREE DAYS!

Flippin' the best phone I ever bought and it was only £200!

So much better than my letdown of a Oneplus one.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
* I say the best phone, I am obviously ignoring all my webos phones which were obviously superior to all other phones.
  • Like 1

Anyone got a S7 Edge that the use for mirrorlinking to their car? Mine keeps losing connection every 5 mins which is annoying to say the least.  Only seems to happen when using navigation apps. Tried a couple of apps just in case but they all do it.  When im using it for music there isn't a problem. 

Â