Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Uninstall facebook, turn the screen brightness down and turn off wifi when you aren't using it.

Facebook comes preinstalled and doesn't uninstall?

24 minutes ago, West said:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/samsung-galaxy-s7-guide,review-3456-2.html

After getting your new Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge, you probably ported over your contacts, installed your favorite apps and tried out the superfast cameras. Now, it's time to truly make the phone feel like yours by getting rid of all the unnecessary software that came preinstalled on the S7.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, West said:

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************* that! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's a nice looking bit of kit, but a truly ludicrous price for a mobile phone which you'll still probably want to upgrade within the next couple of years. Flagships are for people with more money than sense these days, IMO.

I could justify it when the mid range phones weren't powerful enough to run the most demanding apps, but I can't remember the last time I needed a better spec phone.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Jesus, I'm my dad.

Not my Dad, he's already looking at the Galaxy S8 plus... he only got the iPhone 7 Plus a month ago! 

I bought a ZTE Blade A512 for £75 2 weeks ago and it does everything I required from my (now sold) iPhone SE the same but I get to pocket £225 instead.

19 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I bought a ZTE Blade A512 for £75 2 weeks ago and it does everything I required from my (now sold) iPhone SE the same but I get to pocket £225 instead.

Where did you get it from?

On 31/03/2017 at 18:06, Xela said:

Anyone shelling out for the S8 or S8+?

I've pre-ordered the S8+ on a yearly upgrade contract. I use a lot of data and like to upgrade often so it makes sense for me. Bit expensive but I couldn't resist...

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 16:16, Stevo985 said:

My battery life is not improved. in fact it is significantly reduced.

I have a couple of apps that no longer seem to work.

Bluetooth connection to other devices appears to be limited. I have bluetooth speakers and also connect to my car and both now can't control my phone. By that I mean the ability to skip songs or rewind/fast forward etc has gone. Volume is the only thing you can adjust, everything else has to be done through the phone, which is especially annoying in the car!

On 3/15/2017 at 17:29, limpid said:

I've had none of these things, and also none when I upgraded to 7.1.1. Nougat will improve your battery life, so something is wrong. You might need a factory reset.

On 3/15/2017 at 17:47, Keyblade said:

Ah yes, a factory reset when going from Marshmallow to Nougat is a must. People have all kinds of bugs that I haven't experienced when they update straight away. A cache wipe would be good too.

What's your phone @Stevo985

On 3/15/2017 at 21:53, Stevo985 said:

I'll try that (it was in the back of my mind anyway but hadn't got round to it) thanks.

XPeria Z5

Done the factory reset. in fact i've done two over the past couple of weeks.

No improvement.

I'm actually considering changing phones as a result (which isn't really a bad thing to be honest! I've had mine for about 14 months)

Nougat has made the keyboard input far pickier/sensitive and therefore less sensible with its auto-correct decisions than it was under marshmallow :(  Other than that, the other difference are all improvements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Nougat has made the keyboard input far pickier/sensitive and therefore less sensible with its auto-correct decisions than it was under marshmallow :(  Other than that, the other difference are all improvements.

I hadn't twigged this, but you're right.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, omariqy said:

New S8+ in my hands. I'm afraid to start using it, it looks so good. I'm going to have to cover it up!  

I will never be able to understand this feeling :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

New S8+ in my hands. I'm afraid to start using it, it looks so good. I'm going to have to cover it up!  

Anyone purchased a good case for it yet? Appreciate that its early days yet.

This isn't a pop mate because i always buy a case for my phones (although i never buy flagships), but it does seem ironic that some folk buy phones because of their appearance only to then cover the things up. 

Â