Android: General Chat

The_Lions_Roar

1 hour ago, BOF said:

As Simon says, once your offline contacts are moved to your google account, assuming all photos etc are elsewhere, then you should be good to go.  Google Play will already have your app list, albeit you restore it manually.

Your apps re-install themselves by default.

Yep, I recently got a replacement phone and everything re-installed by itself. They don't go back onto your homescreen, which I think would be a nice touch but I guess it wouldn't work if you change phones, but they're all in your app drawer

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

They don't go back onto your homescreen,

I use Nova Launcher and it has a backup feature for your homescreen layout and settings. Its very handy.

• Like 4

Right guys, buying a new phone next week..... Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, One Plus 3T or a Nexus 6P? Let the recommendations and view points begin....

Basically looking for longevity, a solid all rounder with good photography, excellent music playback through the headphones... Something I don't have to replace for a few years...

9 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Right guys, buying a new phone next week..... Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, One Plus 3T or a Nexus 6P? Let the recommendations and view points begin....

Basically looking for longevity, a solid all rounder with good photography, excellent music playback through the headphones... Something I don't have to replace for a few years...

Any mid range will do that for you. You don't need a flagship if those are your requirements. Buy something cheaper and save your money.

Have to say that I love TV's with minimal bezels and really like the approach that Xiaomi took with the Mi Mix (top picture). Shame it isn't available over here on a contract and that the only way to get it is to have it imported. The Samsung S8 sounds like it may be taking a similar approach judging by the recent leaked images (bottom picture) so I think I'll be going for that...

xiaomi-mix-01.jpg

galaxy_s8-930x775.jpg

Hopefully they've made it a priority to deal with unintentional touches, with bezels that small. I found the S7 edge a pain in the arse to hold comfortably without it throwing a tantrum because I was touching the edge of the screen.

• Like 1

Standby time on One Plus 3T is insane. I charge overnight, leave the phone in the car whilst I'm at work and come back 10 hours after charging to find it on 97% battery, and often around 90-95%.

Doze. 

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Can't you disable the edge feature?

That's a piss poor solution to preventing accidental touches, and not much use on the non-edge variant of the almost bezelless S8.

This is one of the few areas in which I think iOS has done a far better job.

Edited by Davkaus

I keep accidentally touching the edge of my standard s7 and wondering my the screen is doing weird things. The edge must be a nightmare.

Semi related, I didn't realise my s7 is an EE phone. No noticeable difference but it meant there was no ETA on nougat. So I flashed it to the UK retail nougat and it's fine. Really easy process.

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

I keep accidentally touching the edge of my standard s7 and wondering my the screen is doing weird things. The edge must be a nightmare.

Semi related, I didn't realise my s7 is an EE phone. No noticeable difference but it meant there was no ETA on nougat. So I flashed it to the UK retail nougat and it's fine. Really easy process.

Nothing about having a chubby in your post, much disappoint.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Standby time on One Plus 3T is insane. I charge overnight, leave the phone in the car whilst I'm at work and come back 10 hours after charging to find it on 97% battery, and often around 90-95%.

Doze. 

Are you on OOS 4.0.2? I updated to 4.0 and the battery life was superb, but the standby time was suspect. Just updated to 4.0.2 and maybe that fixed it.

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Are you on OOS 4.0.2? I updated to 4.0 and the battery life was superb, but the standby time was suspect. Just updated to 4.0.2 and maybe that fixed it.

Battery life is always been good but I feel as if standby time time improved with the update. 

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

Battery life is always been good but I feel as if standby time time improved with the update. 

First day with 4.0.2 and you're right, standby time has definitely improved. It's pretty much the perfect phone now.

On 1/27/2017 at 21:10, PompeyVillan said:

Doze. 

Sorry, off topic, but why leave your phone in your car? You not allowed them in the office for security reasons?

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Sorry, off topic, but why leave your phone in your car? You not allowed them in the office for security reasons?

Security and habit. Phone usage isn't permitted whilst a work, until recently we had zero network coverage anywhere on site and site wifi is monitored. I rarely check it whilst at work to be honest. 

Well, I've gone for a One Plus 3T now, from everything I've read and seen it pretty much is the perfect phone. Possibly the camera might be the weak spot (in low light anyway), but we can't have it all.....

Edited by DeadlyDirk
  • Like 1

On 31/01/2017 at 06:24, DeadlyDirk said:

Well, I've gone for a One Plus 3T now, from everything I've read and seen it pretty much is the perfect phone. Possibly the camera might be the weak spot (in low light anyway), but we can't have it all.....

Been using it since Thursday now, running Android Nougat. All I can say is, Wow, what a piece of kit. 

Â