Android: General Chat

The_Lions_Roar

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know this wont be popular but I love my S7 :wub:

Personally I don't like Samsung handsets, but if you do and are prepared to pay the huge extra price then I don't see why anyone else would care.

• Like 2

Make sure you don't "allow untrusted sources" in your settings.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/11/08/google_to_patch_chrome_mobile_hole_after_bank_trojan_hits_318k_users/

Users need to install the banking trojan apps and tweak settings to allow installation of apps from stores other than Google Playto be infected; however, attackers increased the likelihood of compromise by using the titles of popular Android apps such as Skype, MinecraftPE, and WhatsApp.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Personally I don't like Samsung handsets, but if you do and are prepared to pay the huge extra price then I don't see why anyone else would care.

Ordered it off giffgaff with a much better contract compared to what I was on before so I am happy. I needed a water proof phone as well as i seem to have had bad luck with getting water on the phone in the past 

The Samsung S7 Edge was a lovely handset from the short time I had one

The price point of some of these cheap, yet well made Chinese android phones makes me want to take a punt on one as as backup and to tinker about with 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

The Samsung S7 Edge was a lovely handset from the short time I had one

The price point of some of these cheap, yet well made Chinese android phones makes me want to take a punt on one as as backup and to tinker about with 

Short time? What you do drop in the toilet?!

didnt bother with edge didn't justify extra price. Just got s7- it's fantastic

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Short time? What you do drop in the toilet?!

didnt bother with edge didn't justify extra price. Just got s7- it's fantastic

Changed it for iPhone 6S Plus (boooo, hisssss!)

I wouldn't mind another go on android though... something stock and cheap. I've been ios since 2009 so a bit set in my ways! :)

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Generally people don't tend to change something so quickly if it completely fulfills their needs.

I've never owned a phone which "completely fulfils my needs". It's just a phone. I wanted to play with a phone which natively runs cyanogenmod.

• Like 1

I do get bored quickly with phones and look for changes quite frequently but I still tend to last 6-9 months.

The Z3c is great, can't really fault it apart from the rear glass that has split into a thousand pieces withput ever being dropped. I am tempted by the P9 or the P9 Lite next. I think I'll hang on till Black Friday and see what deals the likes of Amazon / Argos / Curry's etc do as I'msure they'll all go for a mobile deal in the headline offers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I do get bored quickly with phones and look for changes quite frequently but I still tend to last 6-9 months.

The Z3c is great, can't really fault it apart from the rear glass that has split into a thousand pieces withput ever being dropped. I am tempted by the P9 or the P9 Lite next. I think I'll hang on till Black Friday and see what deals the likes of Amazon / Argos / Curry's etc do as I'msure they'll all go for a mobile deal in the headline offers.

I found with my Z3 it over heated all the time, didnt like that about Sony phones. Touch wood cant fault the S7 thus far 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I found with my Z3 it over heated all the time, didnt like that about Sony phones. Touch wood cant fault the S7 thus far 

It was faulty and you should have sent it back. My z3+ never overheated. It isn't a generic Sony problem just like all Samsung phones don't catch fire.

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

It was faulty and you should have sent it back. My z3+ never overheated. It isn't a generic Sony problem just like all Samsung phones don't catch fire.

Ah really, afew people i spoke with had the same issue. I loved my Z3 at the time but after 12 months the battery became poor and thats when the over heating started 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Ah really, afew people i spoke with had the same issue. I loved my Z3 at the time but after 12 months the battery became poor and thats when the over heating started 

Just with the Z3 or with all Sony phones? I seem to remember when you asked on here no-one else had had the issue. You should still have returned it - why put up with faulty hardware?

49 minutes ago, limpid said:

Just with the Z3 or with all Sony phones? I seem to remember when you asked on here no-one else had had the issue. You should still have returned it - why put up with faulty hardware?

Mainly with the Z3, yeah I should have returned it at the time. I wasnt aware of the terms that you could send it back if they cant prove the phone isnt faulty. Now I know I will definitely bare that in mind. How long does that apply for? 6-12 months of purchasing the phone? 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Mainly with the Z3, yeah I should have returned it at the time. I wasnt aware of the terms that you could send it back if they cant prove the phone isnt faulty. Now I know I will definitely bare that in mind. How long does that apply for? 6-12 months of purchasing the phone? 

OT in this thread, You're not quite right. They have to prove it's not a design flaw in the first 6 months. Personally I'd have taken it back even if I didn't know that.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2016 at 08:09, limpid said:

My phones usually do me for 6-9 months too. I bought the Oukitel on 7th July. It was just too heavy/big to carry every day,

Looks like this one might be a record. I want a oneplus 3t. A lot.

• Like 1

Â