Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Pixel 8 16 hour review, it's a superb bit of kit. 

I do have a few niggles which I am hoping you guys might help with.

Firstly, the browser (Chrome) is great but I have gotten used to having the bookmarks link at the bottom of the screen as in Safari. Is there a way to change that?

Photos, on the iPhone I had the native photo app all set up with albums etc and I also Google photos for backup to the cloud. It doesn't keep the folder structure when it backs up so I think I've lost that unless I recreate it again in Google Photos. 

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Firstly, the browser (Chrome) is great but I have gotten used to having the bookmarks link at the bottom of the screen as in Safari. Is there a way to change that?

If you mean the location bar, you can change the default location in Safari to the position used by all other browsers

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Photos, on the iPhone I had the native photo app all set up with albums etc and I also Google photos for backup to the cloud. It doesn't keep the folder structure when it backs up so I think I've lost that unless I recreate it again in Google Photos. 

I'm not sure what "folders" means, is it different to albums? If so and they aren't present, then use you'll have to redo that. First you might want to tap Search and then "view all" on "People and pets" - that should give you a good starting point.

• Thanks 1

The editing and AI features are ridiculous. Circle to search is brilliant too. At any point, from within any app you can circle something on the screen and it'll Google it whether it be an image or text. Great to Mooney stuff in the go without coming out of whatever you're doing. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The editing and AI features are ridiculous. Circle to search is brilliant too. At any point, from within any app you can circle something on the screen and it'll Google it whether it be an image or text. Great to Mooney stuff in the go without coming out of whatever you're doing. 

One advantage of the bigger device is running apps split screen.

2 hours ago, limpid said:

One advantage of the bigger device is running apps split screen.

Yeah, I had that on the Note 9 years ago and it sometimes came in handy.

I also managed to sort out recreating the apple photo album structure in Google photos which was a big bonus. I knew all my picture were backed up but annoyed they were not grouped into albums I'd made, now sorted. 

I’ve gone full circle on this… having played with the Pixel 8 for 2 and a bit days I’ve come to the conclusion I will keep my iPhone 12.

It’s undoubtedly a great phone with a lovely vibrant, fast screen there’s a bunch of little niggles that for me make it annoying to use.

Also, the camera bar across the back feels massive, combined a case makes it feel like chunky compared to the 12 which is also lighter.

Anyone want to buy a 2 day old Pixel 8 256gb in black for a great price???? :D 

Â