Android: General Chat

The_Lions_Roar

Galaxy Nexus arrived yesterday. Stunning. What a fantastic phone. I thought it would be a bit underwhelming as i was sure the wow factor would not be there as a result of getting used to my nexus 7, and it is similar of course, but its surpassed what I expected, even more so following the update to jelly bean.

Only had one gripe which was when looking straight on the screen had a very faint yellowish tint, nowhere near as bad as some tints I've seen. Just d/loaded the 'screen adjuster' app, increased the blue value slightly and bingo! Whites are white again.

I can tell I'm gonna fall in love with this phone.

Galaxy Nexus arrived yesterday. Stunning. What a fantastic phone. I thought it would be a bit underwhelming as i was sure the wow factor would not be there as a result of getting used to my nexus 7, and it is similar of course, but its surpassed what I expected, even more so following the update to jelly bean.

Only had one gripe which was when looking straight on the screen had a very faint yellowish tint, nowhere near as bad as some tints I've seen. Just d/loaded the 'screen adjuster' app, increased the blue value slightly and bingo! Whites are white again.

A year old and it's still (debatably) the best phone available. And it's £250 brand new unconnected.

A year old and it's still (debatably) the best phone available. And it's £250 brand new unconnected.

Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to sync my contacts with Facebook so all the contact pics appear rather than the default grey face.

Random question for the Galaxy s3 users.

How do I claim my 50gb Dropbox allocation?

I thought I already had, but checked my account and I just have the standard 2gb or whatever it is, and now can't figure out how to get the rest

(I'm sure it's staring me right in the face, but there you go)

A year old and its still (debatably) the best phone available. And it's £250 brand new unconnected.

A strong case to be made for that. Did you read the Verge review of the iphone? Says using iOS 6 made him want to get back on the Nexus and JellyBean.

I've done that but no dice.

I'll try again when I get home in case I missed something.

Same

I've installed dropbox on my computer but I still havent got the tick against the question.

A custom launcher changes how your phone looks, so you can choose one thats look appeals to you. They also can add new features too, like action bindings, customisable dock icons etc..

Try out Nova Launcher, it's free in the play store to see what I mean

I knew my technology curse would strike at some point.

Nexus went into a continuous boot loop this morning, seemed to be triggered only when trying to call someone. Only seem to be temporary fixes which are either factory reset at the start up screen or do what I did and take the battery out for a few minutes before switching it back on.

Seems to be very common as well from reading about it. Anyone experienced this? Is it a software or hardware problem?

Â