Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I'm having problems with Chrome on my Samsung. It keeps crashing. Started the last two weeks. It basically freezes and I can't do much other than reboot the application. 

Any suggestions?

30 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm having problems with Chrome on my Samsung. It keeps crashing. Started the last two weeks. It basically freezes and I can't do much other than reboot the application. 

Any suggestions?

Clear cookies and cache.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Due an upgrade. I love my S10 but don't mind moving on. I hate Bixby which is the reason I might move. Tempted by the P40 Pro. Anybody using a phone they can suggest?

Not much of an upgrade you can do from a S10. Apart from the one you listed, (Huawei might lack google play services)  I would look for a phone with a 90 (OnePlus 7 Pro) or 120 (OnePlus 8 Pro) Hz refresh-rate screen. That should make the biggest difference in feel compared to the S10. And they have good cameras if thats your thing

16 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Due an upgrade. I love my S10 but don't mind moving on. I hate Bixby which is the reason I might move. Tempted by the P40 Pro. Anybody using a phone they can suggest?

Pixel 4a should be available next month. The OnePlus 8 is also a good bet. Both are very clean android experiences with no bloatware and both get speedy upgrades - the Pixel for 3 years, the OnePlus for 2. Neither has Bixby.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Pixel 4a should be available next month. The OnePlus 8 is also a good bet. Both are very clean android experiences with no bloatware and both get speedy upgrades - the Pixel for 3 years, the OnePlus for 2. Neither has Bixby.

Yeah those are what I'm thinking. My friend had the Pixel 4 and didn't like it though, not sure why. 

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Yeah those are what I'm thinking. My friend had the Pixel 4 and didn't like it though, not sure why. 

The 4A will probably be half the price 👍

17 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Due an upgrade. I love my S10 but don't mind moving on. I hate Bixby which is the reason I might move. T

You can disable Bixby can't you? 

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

You can disable Bixby can't you? 

You can, but the button is still there. I press it for camera but any extra touches bring up Bixby.

@limpid I don't mind price. Mainly want a decent camera although that's not the main thing I want. Just like a clean version of Android really, I loved my old Nexus back in the day. 

9 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

@limpid I don't mind price. Mainly want a decent camera although that's not the main thing I want. Just like a clean version of Android really, I loved my old Nexus back in the day. 

It's likely the 4A will have the same camera as the 4. I've not owned one, but it reviewed pretty highly. As did the OnePlus8. I have the OnePlus7pro and I want something new, but I'm waiting for something that makes the change worthwhile. The 4A might tempt me, but I'm waiting for user reviews first.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, limpid said:

It's likely the 4A will have the same camera as the 4. I've not owned one, but it reviewed pretty highly. As did the OnePlus8. I have the OnePlus7pro and I want something new, but I'm waiting for something that makes the change worthwhile. The 4A might tempt me, but I'm waiting for user reviews first.

Yeah I think reviews will sway me. I was looking at the One Plus 8 via reviews, but I've had a soft spot for Google phones since the Nexus, so maybe now is the time to jump - if it's what I want post reviews 

21 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

I can't comment on the P40 but the P30 is a brilliant handset so I'd expect the newer model to be a very good device. That said, no Google services would be a deal breaker for me. 

I'm not sure what I'm going to go for next, my 3 main selling points are:

Flat screen - (why I went with the standard P30 rather than the pro version

Camera - Huawei is immense

Battery - see above. 

Sadly flat screens seem to be a thing of the past 😢

On 16/05/2020 at 18:26, av1 said:

I can't comment on the P40 but the P30 is a brilliant handset so I'd expect the newer model to be a very good device. That said, no Google services would be a deal breaker for me. 

I'm not sure what I'm going to go for next, my 3 main selling points are:

Flat screen - (why I went with the standard P30 rather than the pro version

Camera - Huawei is immense

Battery - see above. 

Sadly flat screens seem to be a thing of the past 😢

Yeah I like a good flat screen tbf. Although the things I want this time are a good simple version of Android, no bloatware, a pretty decent camera, something with 8gb Ram or above. Not too bothered about storage as I am a cloud guy. A flat screen would be nice as well, but it isn't prioty. 

Note 20 is sounding decent. If I am right, the Note 10 didn't have a Bixby button, so that could be an option. I've also had a look at the Oppo phones.

Edited by avfcDJ

If I was sticking with Android I would 100% be going for the OnePlus 8 Pro. Looks an amazing phone. £800 is obviously much more than what you would usually expect to pay for a flagship killer but the equivalent Samsung and iPhones are c£1100. 

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

If I was sticking with Android I would 100% be going for the OnePlus 8 Pro. Looks an amazing phone. £800 is obviously much more than what you would usually expect to pay for a flagship killer but the equivalent Samsung and iPhones are c£1100. 

I can;t decide whether to get the OnePlus8Pro now, or wait and see what Google will do for the Pixel 5. I really want a Pixel, so I'm trying to wait....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, limpid said:

I can;t decide whether to get the OnePlus8Pro now, or wait and see what Google will do for the Pixel 5. I really want a Pixel, so I'm trying to wait....

Pixel 5 around October? I might wait and see too.

Or, buy the Pixel 4 outright and then trade up.

Edited by avfcDJ

On 16/05/2020 at 08:19, limpid said:

I'm still using my OnePlus 3, and it got an official Android 9 upgrade last year. It's a 4 year old phone (then 3 years), and I honestly can't justify upgrading yet it's that good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â