Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Ah OK, thanks.  Are Samsung bad for that sort of thing then?  I thought the deal with Android is that it was a lot easier to deal with that sort of stuff than it is with Apple.

Android is about choice and the right tool for the job, not one size fits all. Some people love Samsing's skin. Some people don't. There's room for everyone.

I don't like clutter, so I'm probably best waiting for the Sony aren't I?  I need a long-lasting battery and the fact that it's waterproof would be excellent.

I had a Galaxy S3 for 2 years and the clunky, buggy skin and bloatware was enough to put me off them ever since.

Guy in my office has just got a brand new S6 edge.

Beautiful looking phone, but I have zero desire to own one after my experience.

• Like 1

Purchased a Moto E 2nd gen for the mother after debating whether to get the Moto G 1st gen.  Great phone for the price and a pretty clean version of android so it runs well.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1

Purchased a Moto E 2nd gen for the mother after debating whether to get the Moto G 1st gen.  Great phone for the price and a pretty clean version of android so it runs well.

My current phone, apart from a few stutters when things get a bit busy its been marvellous. £90, bargain for what you get. Only phone that beats it at that price is the xperia e4g (not to be confused with its slightly inferior xperia e4 sibling).

• Like 1

Yeah the one plus one is great. I've only had a brief play with one, my cousin owns one, but it seemed really really nice.

The One Plus Two is also in the running for my next phone

• 2 weeks later...

With most phones now resembling  tablets (in terms of size) I decided my next phone is going to be a mini/compact. I cant decide between the htc m8 mini 2 and the experia z3 compact, I've read that the sony is meant to be much more powerful? but I'm the clumsiest bloke in the world so the glass back is a worry. anyone got any experience with these two?

Z3 compacts are being used alot at work. Looks very competent when I've played with it and I've heard no complaints. On the other hand, I've never touched the htc so can't compare.

Thanks Tegis. It's my day off today so I popped out to a Phone retailer and the Sony does look nice, but I can't overstate my clumsiness, coupled with a very physical job, dropping the thing is guaranteed ☺

Is there an easy way to migrate all my apps and stuff from my G3 to the G4 easily? 

I'm hovering over the buy button on a G4, how are you finding it?

£26 per month for unlimited mins, and texts, 2GB of 4G data (unlimited for first 3 months). £19.99 for the handset (£30 cashback from quidco).

Phone seems to be north of £460 to buy outright so seems a good deal.

Edited by Genie

Â