The 'Who Supports Who' topic

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Need to change the Rams to LA as well ;)

True dat, although I think we should just call them the "Wherever They Are Right Now" Rams and be done with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/12/2012 at 16:04, maqroll said:

A wise choice, my friend, welcome. We were shit since our inception in 1960 until 1994, with a couple of good seasons (1978, 1985)...we played in a toilet of a stadium, and during the worst years (1990-1992), we couldn't even fill the stadium, which meant you couldn't watch them on TV...In 1994, we got a new owner, a new coach and a new quarterback, and in 1996 made it to the Super Bowl for the second time, but lost again. But we kept getting better, got a better coach and a better quarterback, built a state of the art stadium, and started winning championships. We've essentially been the class of the AFC for the last 12 years.

This lot have given me more joy in six years than the 32 years I’ve supported Villa. I’m in Bangkok, it’s midday, and I’ve been up drinking since 5:30AM. I am pissed as a fart and over the moon.

(P.S. Love the Seahwarks and Falcons fans who are still being salty. Keep crying inside and shove this win up ya b*ll***s). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

This lot have given me more joy in six years than the 32 years I’ve supported Villa. I’m in Bangkok, it’s midday, and I’ve been up drinking since 5:30AM. I am pissed as a fart and over the moon.

Nice! Where did you watch it in Bangers?

Blue Jays

Raptors

Penguins

Lived in Toronto for a couple of years so the first two are obvious but couldn't stand the Leafs obsession so seeing as Sidney Crosby was Canada's sweetheart the Penguins was an easy choice and games were always broadcast. Paid off too with back to back Stanley Cups recently.

I have no NFL or CFL team, the Bills were by far the nearest NFL team but only made the trip there once to watch the Penguins against the Sabres. That was the one sport I just could not get into and tried multiple times. The popularity kinda baffles me if i'm honest. Someone explain to me why I'm just not getting it? 

Probably a bit OCD but I find it strange that people support teams from different cities in different sports. Say Lakers in NBA and Steelers in NFL and Cardinals in MLB for instance. There is no right or wrong way but always strikes me as odd

On 05/02/2019 at 18:14, Xela said:

Probably a bit OCD but I find it strange that people support teams from different cities in different sports. Say Lakers in NBA and Steelers in NFL and Cardinals in MLB for instance. There is no right or wrong way but always strikes me as odd

Indeed...I know of many Floridians that support the Chicago Cubs! What's that all about?

• 5 months later...
On 05/02/2019 at 18:14, Xela said:

It's even more weird when there's a rivalry involved.

My brother's a big Dolphins fan, and (albeit very loosely) follows the Red Sox. Most Red Sox fans are Pats fans, and Dolphins fans generally hate the Pats.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Anybody out there who has joined me in the misery that is being a Minnesota sports fan?

At least the Vikes have a cool helmet

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Kevin Garnett, Randy Moss, Joe Mauer, Marion Gaborik... had some real quality over the years.

With, unfortunately, 0 championships. The 1998 and 2009 Vikings seasons still give me nightmares.

Edited by MNVillan
Spelling

Â