The 'Who Supports Who' topic

Of your options you posted, I'd go with Buffalo. Crappy old stadium, terrible weather, tortured history, their greatest ever player is a homicidal maniac and your divisional away games are all in decent cities. Good fans, just not the smartest people.

• Like 2

Yeah the Bills are a great choice. A co-worker got me into them over the past 18 months or so and catch their games on gamepass in addition to Giants games. Great team to follow. Lost the Superbowl four times in a row and its documented really well in ESPN's 30 for 30 episode which I'd recommend watching if it interests you.

The fins look like a team on the rise though. Gase has done well there.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I'm still happy with my choice of Dolphins, however I also find myself rooting more and more for the Cleveland Browns (well, someone has to!). I went through a spell of liking them years ago when Lerner purchased Villa and read up about them a lot. I like their history and the fact they are a traditional team from a mid western city. I think i'd enjoying watching a game more at a sports bar in Cleveland than I would in a snazzy wine bar in Miami (totty asde!)

Can you support 2 teams?! :D

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Can you support 2 teams?! :D

I do, the Browns as well, but only as a second team and if it doesn't interfere with the Broncos. Ideally it should be different divisions I guess.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Always been a Redskins fan, although my interest in the NFL dropped off for a few years. During which time we got 2  new divisions, several new franchises and loads more moved cities (some more than once, yes I mean you L.A/St Louis/back to L.A Rams and Oakland/L.A/back to Oakland/ off to Vegas Raiders)

• Like 1

I need to be changed to the 49ers. :) 

I switched, but that was only because I was at a stage where I was still really trying to decide who to follow. At the time, I mainly picked the panthers because I liked the their logo... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24.1.2018 at 16:41, Brumerican said:

Da Bears are my NFC team (Chicago is twinned with Brum)  (I "follow" the Cubs and Bulls in baseball and basketball)

Do you support two football (as in soccer) teams? Course not. Neither do you swap teams (or "franchises").

• 2 weeks later...

Calgary Flames

Minnesota Vikings

Charlotte Hornets

Buth TBH I'm not really invested in any of those teams, I just check how they are doing and that's it.

Used to follow Calgary pretty dedicated but that was in the late 80's

Same with Charlotte in the early/mid 90's but it died when the original franchise moved to New Orleans (bizarre that you can just up sticks and bugger off to a new city just because you'd had a divorce or that some lottery winner want's a new past time)

Like the Atlanta Flames...

52 minutes ago, sne said:

Used to follow Calgary pretty dedicated but that was in the late 80's

Nieuwendyk, Loob, Mullen, Gilmour, Fleury, Macinnis, Otto, Macoun, Peplinski, Suter, Hunter and The Beard (McDonald). That was a helluva team. Kept the Oilers somewhat in check by out-sizing them.

• Like 1

Im in LA, whatever marketing hashtag they put on it the chargers are not winning, merchandise is like rocking horse shit, even the knock off nigels in hollywood have nothing

Somewhere between the west coast kick offs, the lack of stuff available and them being frustratingly shit i really picked the wrong team...

Edited by villa4europe

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

SF 49ers

Been following the 49ers for 30 years. I reckon they are gonna do well this year.

Thanks for your late season rally. Got us Chubb :D

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BOF said:

Right I've done some updates.

Changed the Chargers to L.A. :crylaugh:(I'm assuming the support continues to follow them on here ...)

Need to change the Rams to LA as well ;)

Â