The 'Who Supports Who' topic

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

The Rams have always come across as a completely uninspiring team to me, wherever they have been based

the villa of the NFL? thas probably why i liked them ;) the rams were shit when i followed them but i just liked the colours and the helmet stood out to me,so thats why i supported them.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

the villa of the NFL? thas probably why i liked them ;) the rams were shit when i followed them but i just liked the colours and the helmet stood out to me,so thats why i supported them.

Ha possibly, I think the Dolphins fit the Villa analogy as well - best days behind them, nice colours and no sign of any improvement! 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anaheim Ducks. Been watching them since the era of Goldberg and Averman.

Seriously though. Since the days of Rucchin, Kariya and Selanne on channel 5.

Just started watching NFL and i've really enjoyed watching the NY Giants, Seattle Seahawks and the Oakland Raiders.

For me, back in the late 80s/early 90s before satellite TV, when all we had was terrestrial TV and maybe 'pipe' TV (which gave us the British terrestrial channels too), American culture was becoming very popular.  NFL was cool and rap was cool.  We didn't quite have MTV yet and we survived on NFL highlights packages on Channel 4.  Rap was in though.  Combining the 2, the rappers were generally wearing Raiders apparel.  So Raiders gear was everywhere on the streets but usually it wasn't worn by NFL fans.  It was worn by scumbags and street urchins.  So for me, the Raiders 'fan base' over here is largely borne not of their football.  Which is probably just as well for them.  Their bad boy image got them fans through music.  Added to that, in the era before that, the Raiders revelled in being bad boys on the field too.  So in my head they're basically scum from top to bottom :D The fact they usually end up on the losing end of physical scuffles with the Broncos just makes them that bit more pathetic that they can't even live up to their hard man image anymore :D  That they've been a whipping boy for the past generation is just icing on the cake really.  But as with most turds, if you stir the water for long enough, they'll eventually bob briefly to the top.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been following the Cleveland Browns from when Randy Lerner bought us. Can't give up on them now. It's been even more miserable than the Villa though most of the time!

It's only been the last three/four years I've got into NFL properly though, I just checked up on scores and watched highlights before that.

• Like 2

On 07/12/2016 at 15:41, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'll be honest.. there's no way in hell I'm trying to find where I last updated this topic so I can put new people in.

I update this every now and again too, so it shouldn't be that far gone if at all.

About rivalries...is there one between Broncos and Raiders?

I ask because a long-tme friend (since back in the Xanga days!) who had a shitty marriage for years finally dumped her arsehole husband about 2 years ago and has now met another guy and they are to be married.

She is an AVID Bronco fan, so much so that she works at Mile High Stadium as a second job. He is a Raiders fan. They live in Denver.

This week they both went to a Broncos Staff get-together and she persuaded him to be photographed in a Broncos shirt.

Now...is that like me being asked to wear a scum heath shirt or not as bad?

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

About rivalries...is there one between Broncos and Raiders?

I ask because a long-tme friend (since back in the Xanga days!) who had a shitty marriage for years finally dumped her arsehole husband about 2 years ago and has now met another guy and they are to be married.

She is an AVID Bronco fan, so much so that she works at Mile High Stadium as a second job. He is a Raiders fan. They live in Denver.

This week they both went to a Broncos Staff get-together and she persuaded him to be photographed in a Broncos shirt.

Now...is that like me being asked to wear a scum heath shirt or not as bad?

Yes there is.  They hate each other.  It's probably THE rivalry of the AFC West, although some Raiders fans will try to claim their rivalry is with the Chiefs, in a transparent attempt to belittle Broncos fans' claims.

When the Raiders were giving it the big 'un back in the day when you were allowed to be properly dirty and fights tended to break out regularly amongst rival teams and they prided themselves on being well 'ard, the Broncos used to knock the shit out of them. Hard men indeed :)

I think within an NFL context it's close to asking you to wear a scum heath shirt, although probably not as bad given the distances involved.  But yeah I think as NFL rivalries go, it's up there.

Â