Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was of the opinion that no news is good news.

id sooner be kept in the dark than dougy babes saying the deal is dead, and it looks (hopefully) like the deal will go through.

im not hoping for abromovich type owner who will just throw cash at players, im happy to do things like spurs have done it. signing young quility players who help the club short term as well as long term.

Hopefully the new year will be the beggining of a new era for AVFC.

all we need now is the blues to go down and ill be as happy as a vicar in a brothel.

im not hoping for abromovich type owner who will just throw cash at players, im happy to do things like spurs have done it. signing young quility players who help the club short term as well as long term.

Hopefully the new year will be the beggining of a new era for AVFC.

all we need now is the blues to go down and ill be as happy as a vicar in a brothel.

top post, i cant disagree

From Sky Sports:

Aston Villa are looking increasingly likely to start the New Year under new ownership.

Businessman Michael Neville is leading an Irish consortium looking to complete a £64.4 million takeover of the Villa boardroom, currently headed by chairman Doug Ellis (pictured), and he believes that a deal should be in place by the beginning of January.

"The deal will not be completed before Christmas but there is a possibility it could be completed by the New Year," he told the Birmingham Mail.

"It has taken longer than we thought because of the complexities of due diligence.

"But Mr Ellis has been most charming and most accommodating and things are progressing well.

"Everything is very cordial and on track. I have got no view of anything which would hinder this deal."

Should the bid go through, it would signal the end of Ellis's 23-year reign at Villa Park, and fans hope that it will herald fresh investment in the club.

"It is very difficult to replicate the pockets of Mr Abramovich," Neville continued. "But I think we will get this transaction completed.

"Villa are a big club with a big stadium. I am a bit distraught that they are where they are - I just wish that they were at the top of the table."

Oh the weather outside is frightful

But the fire is so delightful

And since we've been waiting so

Let Him Go! Let Him Go! Let Him Go!

It really showed signs of stopping

But the Comers are still shopping

The fans were feeling way down low

When he finally says goodbye

How I'll love going out in my shirt

But if you'll really hold me tight

At last we'll be rid of that shite

The ellis years, slowly dying

And, my dear, we're still goodbying

But as long as I'm a Villan

bloody ear worms :-)

yipppeeeeeeeeeee

New era beckons for Villa

By Stephen Bateman - Created on 23 Dec 2005

Aston Villa are looking increasingly likely to start the New Year under new ownership.

Businessman Michael Neville is leading an Irish consortium looking to complete a £64.4 million takeover of the Villa boardroom, currently headed by chairman Doug Ellis (pictured), and he believes that a deal should be in place by the beginning of January.

"The deal will not be completed before Christmas but there is a possibility it could be completed by the New Year," he told the Birmingham Mail.

"It has taken longer than we thought because of the complexities of due diligence.

"But Mr Ellis has been most charming and most accommodating and things are progressing well.

"Everything is very cordial and on track. I have got no view of anything which would hinder this deal."

Should the bid go through, it would signal the end of Ellis's 23-year reign at Villa Park, and fans hope that it will herald fresh investment in the club.

"It is very difficult to replicate the pockets of Mr Abramovich," Neville continued. "But I think we will get this transaction completed.

"Villa are a big club with a big stadium. I am a bit distraught that they are where they are - I just wish that they were at the top of the table."

this guy sounds like us, a football fa, im liking him more and more.

**** come on!!!! I was so bored today, came on villatalk and literally ran around the house whooping!

I will move heaven and earth to get to the villa for the first game without him there.

*awaits first person to tell me to wait for it to be signed, sealed and delivered!*