Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so why has dol said there is no money if the takeover is to happen? that would mean the comers will not provide dol any cash in jan? OR doug might want to do one kind act before he leaves.

OR it would be illegal to say "we're about to get bought out and I'm going to be minted in January!". It would certainly have an effect on the share price which would then make any takeover less likely.

Rubbish, this has been put out to divert attention away from the lack of funds in January.

Why would Neville/Comers come out to help Doug?

Doug has obviously give them a thread of hope. It's nothing to do with the Comers, Doug's the one that will sell he's behind it and I'm not setting myself up for him to bring me back down again. The last time this has came up was AGM time now it's transfer window time. I'm sorry but I cant trust him, I dont mean to be a scrooge but this aint happening.

V

illa bid could be sealed by New Year Dec 23 2005

By Jon Griffin, Birmingham Mail

THE £64.4 million takeover bid for Aston Villa could be completed within days - ending the Doug Ellis era by the New Year.

Businessman Michael Neville, who is fronting the Irish takeover bid, revealed talks were now at the 'due diligence' stage, meaning that the potential new owners are going through Villa's financial accounts with a toothcomb.

And Solihull-based Mr Neville, himself an ardent Villa fan, said the historic agreement to usher in new owners at Villa Park after more than 20 years was on the horizon.

"The deal will not be completed before Christmas but there is a possibility it could be completed by the New Year," he said.

In an upbeat festive message to Villa fans alarmed by the club's fortunes so far this season, he said: "I think that Champions League football is a realistic possibility at Villa Park within three years. I would love to see them back in Europe."

illa bid could be sealed by New Year Dec 23 2005

By Jon Griffin, Birmingham Mail

THE £64.4 million takeover bid for Aston Villa could be completed within days - ending the Doug Ellis era by the New Year.

Businessman Michael Neville, who is fronting the Irish takeover bid, revealed talks were now at the 'due diligence' stage, meaning that the potential new owners are going through Villa's financial accounts with a toothcomb.

And Solihull-based Mr Neville, himself an ardent Villa fan, said the historic agreement to usher in new owners at Villa Park after more than 20 years was on the horizon.

"The deal will not be completed before Christmas but there is a possibility it could be completed by the New Year," he said.

In an upbeat festive message to Villa fans alarmed by the club's fortunes so far this season, he said: "I think that Champions League football is a realistic possibility at Villa Park within three years. I would love to see them back in Europe."

Hope Hope Hope Hope Hope