• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 70)

The only thing the ref didn't get right was controlling the gang complaining by BC at every call. From the first foul where 4 surrounded him, to the PK where their reaction was outrageous, to after the match where he let each one come and have a bitch.

The only thing the ref didn't get right was controlling the gang complaining by BC at every call. From the first foul where 4 surrounded him, to the PK where their reaction was outrageous, to after the match where he let each one come and have a bitch.

The team reflects the fans and vice versa. Filth. Just filth.

Great result, fantastic result, Friedal was massive 2nd half and Gabby, what can you say, again he pulls something out the bag that gives us the 3pts, can't emphasis that enough, Capello watching that, if you can't see enough in Gabbys game to include him in the England squad ( he phucking wins games mate) then i have no respect whatsoever for the man.

As for the bleating by the pundits about the penalty, 2 things, 1 he was still going forward, he was still in with a chance of a goal, 2 and a big 2, its about time Gabby did get the rub, ( what a pity Gabby doesn't take penalties, like Rooney and Defoe etc, his goal tally would be way over 20 by now) because he's been denied quite a few crucial ones including the Cheslea semi, including the League Cup final where Vidic should have gone of, so IMO about time.

We will need to be a lot better than that v Man City, however you can only respond to the 11 in front of you.

Great game we now are joint 4th.................all to play for.

Brilliant result. Cuellar is still very shit at right back! What does he have to do to get dropped. Jeez!!! Juyst imagine if we had a Right back who could keep position...make decent passes and overlap!!! Still chuffed though...Man City and Tottenham, draw or lose 1-2 of their next game and it's ours if we keep winning!

Even the ref that argued it's impossible that there is corruption in football refereeing has emailed me to say how the press have got it wrong again calling the penalty controversial.

I was wondering what he would think, and thought he would agree that a slight nudge on the ball does not negate taking a man down on the follow through. :lol:

Even the ref that argued it's impossible that there is corruption in football refereeing has emailed me to say how the press have got it wrong again calling the penalty controversial.

I was wondering what he would think, and thought he would agree that a slight nudge on the ball does not negate taking a man down on the follow through. :lol:

Damian: Here we go again! Will the press never learn about fouls? (I do note that this one was in Villa's favour.) Cheers, Bob.

Telegraph:

Aston Villa returned to the race for fourth proper thanks to a controversial penalty awarded by Martin Atkinson for Roger Johnson’s late tackle from behind on Gabby Agbonlahor. Television replays revealed that the Birmingham City defender got the slightest of touches on the ball, but Atkinson had already signalled the spot and James Milner converted, leaving Villa one point above Manchester City...

I just had to bring these hilarious comments to your attention. From a Nose on another footy forum:

I honestly feel this is a dark day for Villa as a club.

On national television they've just been spanked for 88 mins by the most out-of-form team in the league.

They've had to cheat to win.

They've been exposed as a hoof ball team, as they were passed off the pitch by Birmingham.

And of course this 'victory' increases faint their hopes for a Champions League spot which they have absolutely no chance of getting

Hollow victory

You've had one mildly unlucky decision in the past 10 years of your pitiful existence.

I don't even know whatyou're whinging about, you got a penalty, you scored it. Vidic being yellow carded was par for the course.

You're so sh*t the chances are United would have beaten you with 10 men anyway.

You've luckily won the game today. Every season you usually profited from the most penalties won out of the majority of the teams. In the 90s you stayed up ahead of Ipswich because of a late own goal on the last day of the season.

Today Dann breaks down in the warm-up, meaning we had to field a weakened side, just as Upson did 3 odd years ago and we had to play Tebily.

You're a joke of a club. You'll get nowhere near 4th and you'll all turn on MON and Randy when you've got no money in the summer and Milner goes to City.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wonderful stuff. Those bitter blosers, they came for their cup final and lost. Onwards and upwards we go! Up to 5th now and the dream is still alive.

Friedel deserves a knighthood for his performance!

dunney 6 was making silly errors at times but made some vital blocks

cuellar 2 seriously he was so bad at rb today. its unfortunate i ahve to rate him so low in a game like this but he was dreadful. getting beating, passingw as awful, diabolical performance. citeh will murder us with him at rb with this showing

If Dunne was 6; Cuellar is not 2; he was never a third of a player that a poor Dunne was. He might not be a right back. He might be wasterful, etc, but no way that was a 2.

And if he was 2, then Dunne was about 1.75. (IMO)