• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 70)

If Gabby hadn't have been brought down he was getting the ball. The ball was not going out of play. It was a pen.

I can't believe that all these so called professional pundits haven't even mentioned that.

Not a great performance but results are all that matters at this stage of the season and in derby games.

The fact we were fairly crap just makes it sweeter! :-)

Great game. Virmingham played well and we find it hard against 451 at home. That is something MON needs to look at, change that at we are really on the way to something special.

The penalty was correct, you will see it not given, since he did touch the ball, but he did NOT clear the ball, so Gabby was though and he brought him down.

What nerves from Milner - great pen.

Friedel MOM by a distance.

Sky really burning over the Pen incident, won't let it drop (unlike the decisions against us this season)

My friend is a lower league ref (very low.. lol), he sent a text saying "Pen, definite pen cos if their player didnt bring abgonlaghor down your player wld still got to the ball"

If Gabby hadn't have been brought down he was getting the ball. The ball was not going out of play. It was a pen.

I can't believe that all these so called professional pundits haven't even mentioned that.

Exactly.

The reason that it's a penalty is because Gabby wasn't tackled. Sure he got a touch on the ball, but did that touch dispossess Gabby? NO. In fact the touch was perfect for Gabby, it played it into the perfect position for him, and he was well within playable distance of the ball.

The problem is Andy **** Gray thinks touching the ball = tackle, it doesn't. A tackle dispossesses the player so as they are no longer in a position to play the ball, that's NOT what happened, and so in tripping the player, a foul was committed.

Not a great performance but results are all that matters at this stage of the season and in derby games.

The fact we were fairly crap just makes it sweeter! :-)

The thing is its what most people around the game think, the slightest touch of the ball doesn't make it a foul. Its always bugged me.

It drives me mad Andy Gray saying Johnson won the ball, he didn't its a penalty IMO.

We were **** lucky though. We were outplayed in the second half.

both sides had some excellent chances and both keepers made some brilliant saves.

some poor performances from several players but we got the win. gabby was very good again, always is in derbys.

a bit lucky with the pen, but for me its just the bad decisions we got against chelsea in the semi evened out- as they always are

I thought we were average in most departments. Thought Friedel was excellent. I thought Dunne was a bit of liability today tbh, Gabby was tireless, the others for the main part, just hmmm. Didn’t look like they were either up for the derby, nor winning a CL place. You would have thought that they would have played with a bit more determination.

Terrible to watch and caused me to miss the last five minutes with a lucky walk.

But in the end, its a win.

Big Brad gets MOTM, i was kinda surprised to see the amount of votes he got though.

Im so happy with the result, it was such an important derby today.

That's a record 6 League wins in a row against Birmingham.

Yeah, I voted for Brad MOTM (and rightly so, most of us think). But I kinda feel bad for Gabby and Milner. They were both outstanding IMO and really do deserve to be honorable mention at least. Less than 10% each (at this moment) doesn't reflect that they were questionably good. It's just that Big Brad had a blinder.

Not a very good match from our side. Worrying lack of creativity in attack, especially when Young/Downing doesn't quite get into the game.

That said, THREE EFFING POINTS, JAMES MILNER FOR PRESIDENT, THE RACE FOR 4th IS ON AND GET IN!!!!

Who gives a flying **** whether it's a pen! Just got back, what you have to remember we played 3 games this week, Birmingham had the whole week to prepare, their game plan was to park the bus and just hope for a break, we shown great character by sticking at it and getting the points we need! They wasted time as soon as the second half started! We won fair and square and seeing Mcleish losing it has just made my Sunday even more memorable!

phew im glad thats over! again we beat the blosers without playing well! they played the ebst they could and still couldnt beat us! you gotta love it.

i thought we were actually really poor today and didnt deserve the win. our attacking play was woeful how we won is beyond me...but who cares! GET IN

ratings

friedel: 9 outstanding made some world class saves

warnock 7 solid

collins 7 kept fouling but was solid

dunney 6 was making silly errors at times but made some vital blocks

cuellar 2 seriously he was so bad at rb today. its unfortunate i ahve to rate him so low in a game like this but he was dreadful. getting beating, passingw as awful, diabolical performance. citeh will murder us with him at rb with this showing

young 6: crossing was poor but battled hard

milner 8 battled hard good oiled engine. didnt stop running

stan 7: did well won ball

downing 7 vital clearance off the line and had a good shot

gabby 8 worked so hard today and was often left alone

carew 4 one of his worst displays this season, hopefully better next week

heskey 7 thought he actually did well today for once! i think he will start next week against citeh