PL: Man City a Match Thread 2010/05/01 15:00

limpid

4-5-1 with Reo-Coker in please.

Ala Liverpool away.

If NRC is match fit and firing in training I would consider it (if I were the manager). We need to keep it tight and him 'em on the counter. They're good at home.

I fear our midfield will exploited if we play 442.

Big game. But then again, our boys are actually getting quite used to big games.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we did play 4-4-2, I'd probably go with Heskey because I think he holds the ball up better and does a little more defensive work. I don't think Carew would have much impact on this type of game and has last couple of performances have been pretty poor.

I think we will go same team again though, lose 0-2.

If we did play 4-4-2, I'd probably go with Heskey because I think he holds the ball up better and does a little more defensive work. I don't think Carew would have much impact on this type of game and has last couple of performances have been pretty poor.

I think we will go same team again though, lose 0-2.

Got to be 4-5-1 with Coker for me.

All the pressure is goin to be on city and a lot of pressure for a keeper that has never played in a game like this before. Can see it been an open game and with plenty of goal mouth incident.

Goin to be a cracker

Oops, think i forgot to mention..

Gabby on the right.

Please god no. Gabby doesn't work well on the right.

If we go one up top it has to be Gabby up there as neither Heskey or Carew have the mobility to be a lone striker for us.

4-5-1 with Reo-Coker in please.

Ala Liverpool away.

If NRC is match fit and firing in training I would consider it (if I were the manager). We need to keep it tight and him 'em on the counter. They're good at home.

I fear our midfield will exploited if we play 442.

Big game. But then again, our boys are actually getting quite used to big games.

Agree with both here really. This is one game where young Martin must get the tactical side right. If we go 4-4-2 then we will get hammered. Coker must come in for this game if anywhere near fit and we must play 4-5-1 with Gab upfront on his own. Can't see it any other way really. Come on you Villa. Two cup finals to go. Win both and a pot of gold awaits at the end of the rainbow.

Same team as yesterday. The same team (apart from Delph) that has won 4 and drawn 1 of the last 5.

Cuellar is great defensively and he won't be required to go forward as much with us being away from home.

As an aside, how stupid do SKY look now given that they're showing sha v Burnley instead of this game on Saturday? I know it's probably to do with each team being shown a certain number of times a season, but honestly how many neutrals want to watch sha v Burnley who both sweet FA to play for?!

A lot of people saying Reo-Coker should play, but the guy hasn't played since Xmas - do you really want to throw him straight into a game like this when he's unlikely to be match-fit? It'd surely be Sidwell if we did add an extra midfielder. I'd rather we just went with the 4-4-2 that's been winning - we need to win, so it's not really the time to go negative. Almost certain MON will go with the same team anyway, so it's rather pointless speculating about changes!

One thing to note is that City have a midweek game to follow - I wonder if they'll have half a mind on that when it comes to their team-selection. They know they need to win both, but perhaps see Spurs as the bigger game, given their position. This might work in our favour.

As an aside, how stupid do SKY look now given that they're showing sha v Burnley instead of this game on Saturday? I know it's probably to do with each team being shown a certain number of times a season, but honestly how many neutrals want to watch sha v Burnley who both sweet FA to play for?!

i agree probably one of the lowest rating games of the season

i am so excited and nervous for this already. not sure i can take the 4 days of waiting!

8) Take 3 aspirin and go and lay down in a darkened room until kick of, dream the dream of heroes and fantastic goals from Gabby Agbonlahor and watching Villa play the likes of Barca next season :winkold: in the Champions League.

Same team as yesterday just put Luke Young in for Cuellar, he really is awful at RB...

Massive game, a win would be fantastic...

Yes of course, considering he was absolutely raped by Chelsea in the last game. He isn't match fit.

We need to test that keeper Nielsen early, no doubt he'll have the butterflies since this is a massive game for both teams.

Well they've just had their application for an emergency goalkeeper loan accepted so they will have someone better than him in by Saturday I would assume.