• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell (for Petrov 84)
    • Heskey (for Carew 90)

I thought it was quite funny when we started chanting "Why did you sack Phil Brown?" and they just clapped us.:lol:

:lol: That was good, they were all just shrugging their shoulders and mouthing "I dunno"

Was a good bit of banter with the home fans in that conrner, soon kept them quiet though with "we'll meet again" :)

I thought it was quite funny when we started chanting "Why did you sack Phil Brown?" and they just clapped us.:lol:
I'm pretty sure I heard a Hull fan on the Radio 5Live phone-in demanding Brown should be brought back for the last 3 games!. :lol:

Gabby MOTM, he never gives the ball away, one of the best target men around and should be going to the World Cup ahead of Heskey.

It makes me think we could bring in another quick short striker to play alongside him rather than playing him alongside a target man, when he can do that role himself.

Spot on, I've been banging on about Gabby since his debut v Everton much to the annoyance of my Villa mates who only recently started to rate him.

For me when you look at Gabby you have to throw the Manuel out the window, he's a different kind of player altogether, a team has to be able to afford him and it can be expensive, by afford i mean you have to take on board the fact that there are times when he will play a ball that you know a kid in the street aged 5 would do with more skill and accuracy, then out the blue comes something incredible, the goal last night, how many times this season have we seen Gabby move at speed into that precise position and bang it straight at the keeper, twice to my knowledge, last night his balance in moving the ball and turning on the ball in one movement, then looking up seeing 2 Hull defenders on the line plus a keeper, sweeps the ball up and over and into the far corner of the net with great accuracy, absolute class IMO a goal that even Messi would be proud of.

Said this before we have some great players in Milner, Ash Young and co at Villa, for me Gabby Agbonlahor is the man, when he's up for it the whole team are on fire, you can tangibly see the differance when Gabby is on a downer, IMO if Young and Milner are worth the kind of money being touted then Gabby is worth a lot more, wonderful player and at his age and rate he will be a Villa legend on a huge scale.

There is no question he should be up alongside Rooney and Defoe For England, but we all know he won't be.

Pleasently surprised sums it up.

I thought it was a nailed on draw, and to be honest, couldn't believe how gutless Hull were given the circumstances.

A very easy win, no need to get out of 2nd gear. From what I listened to and saw on the net, Petrov ran his heart out last night so, although I haven't voted as I didn't go, I would have given him MOTM.

I'm gonna stick with predicting draws from now on, it seems to be working.

With regards to 4th , can't see us getting it, due to the Man C / Spurs fixture meaning one of them / both will pick up points. But at least they are looking over their shoulders.

Dream would be we get 4th Spurs 5th and Everton sneak up and get 6th

Reality says Spurs 4th and I hope we get 5th. And wipe the smug grins off Rafa and Barry's face !

That'll do nicely for me.

Add in Benyouin, Bellamy and Bent for a cool 40m, get rid of the likes of Harewood and Heskey, raising about 10 in all and lets go for the league !

breaking news - Pompey out of Europe - presume we are now guarenteed the Uefa Cup

Good game, thought we played well - they never really created anything apart from that one scramble in the first half.

We controlled the midfield and whenever they went forward they never really created anything. Got a few corners but the majority of the time they went to our defence we cleared it. Cuellar played the best I've ever seen him at RB and Milner was majestic. Petrov was, again, quality and Agbonlahor was decent again aswell. I can't seem to understand why people are STILL moaning - we haven't imploded like we did from February onwards last season (in that space we got to Wembley TWICE in TWO different competitions in the SAME season!) and actually we are having a stronger finish...we are on course to beat our best ever points total since there were 20 teams in the Premier League and even when we finished second we have a better points to game ratio this season than then.

We could finish on 70 points and, to me, 70 points is **** brilliant if we were to do so.

Oh and to those moaning about empty seats how about you get your arses down yourselves. I had no original way of getting there but I made sure I could get there and even though there weren't many of us we were loud. Hull fans are tossers and I'm glad we beat them to shut them up.

One of the more convincing performances of the season considering they were never really a threat, although it was against Hull.

One point behind Man City who have Arsenal away this weekend, and three off Tottenham who have Man Utd away this weekend too...we could be joint fourth come Sunday 2pm - amazing!!

Martin O'Neill's claret and blue army!

Pleasently surprised sums it up.

I thought it was a nailed on draw, and to be honest, couldn't believe how gutless Hull were given the circumstances.

A very easy win, no need to get out of 2nd gear. From what I listened to and saw on the net, Petrov ran his heart out last night so, although I haven't voted as I didn't go, I would have given him MOTM.

I'm gonna stick with predicting draws from now on, it seems to be working.

With regards to 4th , can't see us getting it, due to the Man C / Spurs fixture meaning one of them / both will pick up points. But at least they are looking over their shoulders.

Dream would be we get 4th Spurs 5th and Everton sneak up and get 6th

Reality says Spurs 4th and I hope we get 5th. And wipe the smug grins off Rafa and Barry's face !

That'll do nicely for me.

Add in Benyouin, Bellamy and Bent for a cool 40m, get rid of the likes of Harewood and Heskey, raising about 10 in all and lets go for the league !

breaking news - Pompey out of Europe - presume we are now guarenteed the Uefa Cup

lol, think we would need better signings than that to go for the league, but I admire your ambitions

Was never going to be a stroll and I don't think it did either. Teams fighting for their survival will always give you a hrad time, though, they didn't for the first 30 minutes or thereabout. After they had their unmissable chance they started to pile up the pressure. I was nervous but looking at it now, they only really created one more good chance after that.

Collins and Dunne again looked very comfortable and Collins were MOTM for me, closely followed by Dunne, Petrov and Milners 2nd half. Cuellar is a great defender, not as good at going forward, though. A bit frustrating. But we've had far worse players there before. Hull only coming down our left side is a proof of that.

How Fagan could be allowed to stay on the pitch is beyond me. He looks like Henrik Larsson, but doesn't really play like him.

Have to agree that McShane was one of our best players. Well pleased we never signed him when we were linked to him.

Kevin Kilbane looks a bit like Jim Carey.

JVOH, hope he's back soon again, looks a bit like Dietmar Hamann. But I was nervous when he was out. Looked really bad. Had it been Fagan I would probably not feel nervous. Not nervous about him not being alright, at least.

Are Hull collecting a look-a-like team?

Again very proud of our fans who was there. You guys always make me proud. Best away support in the world.

Oh, and I can understand why MON brought Heskey on. The few times I think he's good is when we're having the lead in the dying minutes. Mostly he's very good at keeping the ball away from the opponents to give our defenders a time to breath.

great win, satisfying to see us grinding wins out at the business end of the season, unlike last year.

thought milner was outstanding yet again. gabby was good and took his goal brilliantly. the defence were rocks. also what a run by carew before the penalty!! monster.

bring on SHA

and Craig Fagan was just a thug who hardly touched the ball.

The guys a knob - and he aint no thug - just a gobby prick who spends the entire 90 mins fouling, trapping off to the referee etc - all to get noticed so he gets a move to another equally shit team that will struggle in the Premier League.

Ive played against him before as he is form my home town (Bromsgrove) and alot of my friends know him/are mates with him. Loved it when Gabby laughed at him and told him to "**** off".

Didn't waste much energy ahead of Sunday's game.

Might take issue with this - Stan was sweating buckets after 15 minutes. That's Saturday (Chelsea), Wednesday (Everton), Sunday (Pompey), Wednesday (Hull) and one of our biggest games of the season coming up on Sunday (5 games in 15 days) with virtually the same team playing 90 minutes of every game!!

It's no wonder we tire after 60 and this just cannot be a good thing for the first XI or the squad. Not surprised the performance looked a bit turgid and lacking in energy.

Lets hope none of our players get to play in the World Cup because they will all need a bloody good rest after this season is finished!

It's no wonder we tire after 60 and this just cannot be a good thing for the first XI or the squad. Not surprised the performance looked a bit turgid and lacking in energy.

This is indeed my fear for Sunday....

great win, satisfying to see us grinding wins out at the business end of the season, unlike last year.

thought milner was outstanding yet again. gabby was good and took his goal brilliantly. the defence were rocks. also what a run by carew before the penalty!! monster.

bring on SHA

I'd forgotten about that. He really is a monster at times, he looked like an 18 year old in an under 14 game with that run. :lol:

good win - midweek away game against a team battling relegation? never easy but good job well done.

great finish from gabby - good thing too cos carew would have throttled him i think if he had mucked it up!

i thought we lost control of the game a bit after we scored and couldnt get hold of the ball but other than collins non-shall-pass block hull didnt really create anything. the second half we turned the screw a bit and got the all important second goal which quite often eludes us so we were able to relax a bit, enjoy the rest of the game and really should have got more.

everybody played well i thought. carlos was a bit infuriating because several times he made good tackles or intercepts only to go running off with the ball either straight into touch or into an opposing player but thats not news.

nothing has really changed from what my criticisms are - because my criticisms are of the manager not the players. he still played the same XI, he still doesnt seem to want to use a proper right back, still doesnt use the bench to any real effect BUT when we win a game the manager has acheived the number one priority so well done martin - i still dont agree with how you do everything but you deserve credit because you have managed to pick up some very good points recently from a couple of potential banana skin matches.

i cant help feeling that the team, as a team, arent really clicking and very few tricks or fancy passes ever come off - but in some ways that merits even more praise for the players because they are grinding out these results now by sheer effort. sometimes (frequently) the football is pretty attritional to watch but they deserve everything they get at the moment because the effort they are putting in right now is bordering on the superhuman!

Gabby MOTM, he never gives the ball away, one of the best target men around and should be going to the World Cup ahead of Heskey.

It makes me think we could bring in another quick short striker to play alongside him rather than playing him alongside a target man, when he can do that role himself.

Spot on, I've been banging on about Gabby since his debut v Everton much to the annoyance of my Villa mates who only recently started to rate him.

For me when you look at Gabby you have to throw the Manuel out the window, he's a different kind of player altogether, a team has to be able to afford him and it can be expensive, by afford i mean you have to take on board the fact that there are times when he will play a ball that you know a kid in the street aged 5 would do with more skill and accuracy, then out the blue comes something incredible, the goal last night, how many times this season have we seen Gabby move at speed into that precise position and bang it straight at the keeper, twice to my knowledge, last night his balance in moving the ball and turning on the ball in one movement, then looking up seeing 2 Hull defenders on the line plus a keeper, sweeps the ball up and over and into the far corner of the net with great accuracy, absolute class IMO a goal that even Messi would be proud of.

Said this before we have some great players in Milner, Ash Young and co at Villa, for me Gabby Agbonlahor is the man, when he's up for it the whole team are on fire, you can tangibly see the differance when Gabby is on a downer, IMO if Young and Milner are worth the kind of money being touted then Gabby is worth a lot more, wonderful player and at his age and rate he will be a Villa legend on a huge scale.

There is no question he should be up alongside Rooney and Defoe For England, but we all know he won't be.

A bit dangerous to be chucking Spanish waiters around, don't you think, in fact not very Sibil at all!!