PL: SHA h Match Thread 2010/04/25 12:00

limpid

MON mentioned them, Dunne, Warnock and Petrov. Don't think there doubts just a note of caution with them 3.

Feck that would be a bit of a problem to lose that trio, especially with losing 2 of the back 4.

However surely Dunnes is just a cut head?

Warnock looked in a bit of pain when he went down and never seemed to recover so I can see him missing out. Since Petrov had to come off Id say that was bad too.

Craig Gardner says he can't wait to face Aston Villa in Birmingham City colours

Apr 22 2010 by Colin Tattum, Birmingham Mail

Add a commentRecommend 12next

CRAIG Gardner returns to Villa Park on Sunday determined to ignore all the hullaballoo surrounding his presence.

Gardner says he doesn’t know what kind of reception he’s likely to receive from Villa fans in the derby.

And he states that he wouldn’t go ‘over the top’ if he helped Blues win – or even scored a goal.

Gardner, a £3 million January transfer from Villa to Blues, says: “It is going to be a massive game, especially with me obviously being a Blues fan, and going to Villa Park and playing in the Blues strip. I just can’t wait.

“What sort of reception I get, that’s up to the fans. I’ve moved on. It’s nothing to do with the club.

“They were brilliant to me, and the manager was. I haven’t got a bad thing to say about Villa.

“If I get a bad reception, I’m not going to take it out on anyone. I’m just going to get on with it, just get on with the job.”

Gardner adds: “If I scored I wouldn’t celebrate over the top. Of course, it could be the last goal you score in your career so you’ve got to celebrate.

“If you score, you deserve the right to celebrate whether it’s at Villa, Man United, anywhere.

But I wouldn’t go over the top. I wouldn’t rub their noses in it. I’m not that sort of person. I remember Curtis Davies scored against West Brom for Villa and never celebrated.”

Another ex-Villa man will play for Blues, Liam Ridgewell. He has been back before, of course.

And his battle for supremacy with Villa’s wide players will be an intriguing contest.

Gardner says Ridgewell has been a star performer for Blues at left-back.

“Ridge is a really good athlete. He gets up and down and he is a great defender,’’ said Gardner.

“That is Ridge for you. He has always been that since he was younger and I was at Villa with him.

“He is a good player and to play a whole season in a new position takes some doing but fair credit to him.

“I know how he feels. It is hard to play out of position.

“I am a central midfielder and I’m playing on the right but you don’t complain, you just get on with it.

“Ridge has been brilliant from start to finish this season, he was brilliant last year and if you need him to fit in at centre-half he can go there as well.

“It is great to have those players in the squad, who can play in different positions.”

The derby is sure to be competitive, as always. Yet it won’t be a game about clogging. Blues have substance and style.

Gardner points out: “People think that Blues are just a team that fight and scrap every time but we don’t.

“We try and get the ball down and play, let the ball do the work.

“It shows on the pitch and it shows in the results we’ve got this season.”

I pray to the god I don't believe in that the plane will take off as scheduled so I can see this game. And I pray ot McGrath for a win. We should win, but derby games doesn't always go as they should. 5-1 did, though. 8)

Gardner adds: “If I scored I wouldn’t celebrate over the top. Of course, it could be the last goal you score in your career so you’ve got to celebrate.

“If you score, you deserve the right to celebrate whether it’s at Villa, Man United, anywhere.

But I wouldn’t go over the top. I wouldn’t rub their noses in it. I’m not that sort of person. I remember Curtis Davies scored against West Brom for Villa and never celebrated.”

If (and it's a damn big if) he scores, I would really hope he doesn't celebrate. I still like him and wish he hadn't left and I think he has behaved fine since leaving. It would be hard to take a celebration though. That would be too much of an up yours gesture.

If (and it's a damn big if) he scores, I would really hope he doesn't celebrate. I still like him and wish he hadn't left and I think he has behaved fine since leaving. It would be hard to take a celebration though. That would be too much of an up yours gesture.

just let him celebrate. lifes too short

Most anticipated game of the season, i really cannot wait until Sunday. I'm not going to predict a score because this kind of match isn't like anyother in the Prem, anything can happen whether we are in form striking for fourth or not. But, i do hope that their are alot of red cards, alot of goals and a 93rd overhead kick via Heskey to seal the victory and champions league football next season. We can all dream..?

“If I scored I wouldn’t celebrate over the top. Of course, it could be the last goal you score in your career so you’ve got to celebrate"

If he does score and celebrate it might well be the last thing he ever does!

Most anticipated game of the season, i really cannot wait until Sunday. I'm not going to predict a score because this kind of match isn't like anyother in the Prem, anything can happen whether we are in form striking for fourth or not. But, i do hope that their are alot of red cards, alot of goals and a 93rd overhead kick via Heskey to seal the victory and champions league football next season. We can all dream..?

Not the most anticipated for me im afraid. Quite a few games I look forward to more. But Im not from Brum so Il let you enjoy. Nt that I wont anyway

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Villa win

Please.

Horrible match against a vile team. Never one to be 'enjoyed' until the final whistle has gone and we've won.

It won't be as definitive as our 5-1 but I still fancy us to win by 1 or 2 nil.