PL: Hull a Match Thread 2010/04/21 19:45

limpid

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delph is injured!!!!! It'll be the same team but it'll be a much tougher game than yesterday, Hull will have some fight in their play but i can see it being tight and it going either way. For the past few games we have started brightly but never capitalised on actually putting the ball in the bloody net.

I respect the fact Hull will try to put up a fight but regardless, they are a team we SHOULD beat any given sunday, simple as that. We are simply far more superior in every department and if we fail to win, I just cannot accept the same excuses, that we seem tired, knackered and it's been a long season, etc. In case we do loose or draw, we're simply not good enough and do not deserve 4th spot or even 6th spot. Doesn't mean this season has been a failure though and that MON needs to resign or get sacked.

I respect the fact Hull will try to put up a fight but regardless, they are a team we SHOULD beat any given sunday, simple as that. We are simply far more superior in every department and if we fail to win, I just cannot accept the same excuses, that we seem tired, knackered and it's been a long season, etc. In case we do loose or draw, we're simply not good enough and do not deserve 4th spot or even 6th spot. Doesn't mean this season has been a failure though and that MON needs to resign or get sacked.

I understand what your saying, and I use this a lot. For instance I said to my dad a few weeks back 'top 4 teams dont draw with Wolves at home'.

But Spurs lost to Wolves at home.

Any team can lose to anyone in this league and its impossible to judge where you should/deserve to be because of one single result.

As I see it it's all down to attitude and effort. When we are at our best we have a chance against anyone and teams like Pompey, Hull, Burnley, Bolton, etc. are nothing more then a walk in the park. Yesterday our attitude wasn't the best, still we managed to conjure up a victory. And at this point i don't care whether we play like Barca or some lousy pub team, as long as we win.

The Premier League is indeed a tough league (if not the toughest in the world) and I do respect the fact that there are no easy games. Still at this point of the season, when we've fought so hard all season and have given ourselves this great opportunity to finish in the top4-6 (which by the way, in case we do, will be a very fine achievement, all things considered), only a win over Hull will suffice. So I'll reiterate, we really should beat Hull, mainly because we're the better team. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but what else do we fans really have besides hope and belief in our team?

We should go with the same side that played against the Ports, other than Downing, who should be replaced with Albrighton and Petrov to be replaced by Coker. I would keep the Fonz on the bench until big John tires and then bring him on to partner Gab after about sixty minutes. This will be a tough game and we will have to play better than against the Ports. Would love the win, but Hull have quality in the middle with Bullard who will give Petrov, if played, a tough time, so could be another nail biter.