• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Carew (for Heskey 72)
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 80)

Lots of crosses, just a shame most of them were crap. Not to mention the lack of men in the box...

Ironically, the best football was the final 2 minutes when we were trying to retain possession! We could have easilly made several chances if we chose to go in the right direction.

Just remembered something - Did anyone else notice that David James refused to shake Petrov's hand at the end of the game? I assume he thought Petrov dived on his penalty shout or something.

I didn't see the Petrov one but I did think that James said something to Young at the end of the game

Just remembered something - Did anyone else notice that David James refused to shake Petrov's hand at the end of the game? I assume he thought Petrov dived on his penalty shout or something.

I didn't see the Petrov one but I did think that James said something to Young at the end of the game

James certainly had a right go at Petrov immediately after the incident.

Saw that, too. Looked like Young said something to him in jest, and Jamo replied by telling Ash to do one.

nice to see a few sensible posts from people who look like they actually watched the game yesterday :D

I saw the game and thought we were shocking.

You honestly thought we played well, not one dimensional or predictable in the slightest?

A goal from a cross i blumin hope so as thats all we do, how about the rest of endless overhit crosses we put in?

Pompey are a terrible side with a left back who was born the same year as the premier league was established.

Pointing out how poor we were is not being negative its being realistic, you carry on sticking your head in the sand if you like.

Well, here's the thing. We were certainly predictable in where the final ball would be coming from, but were never stopped from crossing. Young, Milner, Warnock, Downing and Cuellar all created space time and again from which to cross. And when we did go through the middle, Pompey hacked our players down in the box-- often without punishment from Lee Probert.

I saw Villa knocking the ball around the midfield pretty much at will before creating space on the wings. I saw Gabby make a few tricky turns to set up an absolute sitter for Carew, create a penalty appeal, and basically give Portsmouth's centerbacks a lot of trouble. I saw a ball go over the top to Carew, who finished the chance beautifully. I saw Milner absolutely sting one that would have evaded a lot of keepers. I saw Portsmouth twice put the ball into their own woodwork, and once force their own keeper into a tricky save. I saw three dead cert penalty appeals and one close one, with only one given.

I saw O'Neill go to the bench twice, and both substitutes take part in the winning goal.

Most importantly, I saw Villa take three points when the three points were needed. And if you can't be happy with three points, I simply don't know what to tell you.

Hear hear!!