• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Carew (for Heskey 72)
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 80)

Well I think we got out of jail , but I'll take it - it was all about 3 points today.

The football was dreadful and the lack of tactical nouse again was ridiculous. Petrov couldn't walk and yet again is left on.

We are getting a bit of luck at the moment, and long may it continue.

I think 4th has gone, but Man City are catchable. I'd take finishing 5th if Man City and Liverpool are behind us to be honest.

I think they call it "a professional performance !"

Luck? What luck is that because its certainly nothing i can see!

People complaining about the team probably wish we'd not won that game. Spurs have just won 2 games that you wouldnt have expected them to do so, that table would look a lot better if they hadn't.

Typical VT, Villa overcome a spirited Pompey side and grab all three points and the majority of people are moaning as if we just lost. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

People are concerned over the performance Mantis, you'll sometimes find a really positive reaction on here to a defeat becasue people like the way we played - there are a number of people who feel the opposite way today.

There's nothing pathetic about that, it's opinion.

I think everyone has overreacted tbh. Yes, it should have been more, but we still won!

I like Jamie O'Hara.

What did he say??

He generally comes across as a decent lad - not bad doing all this SkySports stuff at 23.

I think today showed why we fell short again this season. We had chance after chance but failed to batter Pompey. I think most players did ok, i was only really disappointed with Warnock in the first half. We tired again in the second half which worries me going intp the next 2 games, especially the big game next Sunday.

MOTM was a tough one, i gave it to the Fonz because he won us 2 points, and did what Gabby and Carew struggled to do and that was win us the game. MON was forced to bring The Fonz on because i think Gabby got a knock, i think it showed he should be played a LOT more.

Luck ?

Jagielka own goal

Today, stoppage time, them shooting from 5 yard and it just hitting Freidals arm (without him even knowing it , and bouncing into his hand) , stuff like that.

Dont get me wrong - I'll take it any day.

To me, NRC MUST play on Wednesday, Petrov is totally out on his feet. We have 3 games in 7 days, L Young, NRC, Delph have got to play on Wed, and if we get ahead, Fonz needs to come on for Gabby - we need fresh legs for Sunday

Thought we actually made more chances than in many games...huffed & puffed but James is an excellent keeper on his day and but for him we would have socred more.

I get the impression some people on VT would rather we didn't win just to give em the satisfaction of moaning!!

To be fair, I am usually one of the more negative posters on here, but even I find some of the comments on here baffling after what was a crucial away win.

I thought the team looked much more lively today, lots of quick passes, players on their toes and I didn't think we tired half as much as usual. Yes, we still are very one dimensional in our attacking play, but we've known that for ages- it's nothing new we've learnt today and it DID pay off in the end.

People are slagging off Gabby but I thought he was one of our best players. His effort and amount of running into channels today was nothing but commendable. He should have won a stonewall penalty and he also made abrilliant run first half which set Big John up with a great chance. He was unlucky with his headed chance second half, anywhere else and it would have been a goal and he generally was a menace to the Pompey backline all game.

Good win, pleased that Nathan and Big John added to their tallies. And with a better ref we could have won at a canter because three stonewall penalties went against us and the build-up to their goal was clearly offside. I thought our general play wasn't too bad today, even if we could have created a few more clear-cut chances considering the pressure we piled onto them.

To me, NRC MUST play on Wednesday, Petrov is totally out on his feet. We have 3 games in 7 days, L Young, NRC, Delph have got to play on Wed, and if we get ahead, Fonz needs to come on for Gabby - we need fresh legs for Sunday

I agree, but i wont happen. Unless we have injurys, every football fan in the country can name our team for Wednesday.

Typical VT, Villa overcome a spirited Pompey side and grab all three points and the majority of people are moaning as if we just lost. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

People are concerned over the performance Mantis, you'll sometimes find a really positive reaction on here to a defeat becasue people like the way we played - there are a number of people who feel the opposite way today.

But did we really play that badly? I certainly didn't think so.

I think it's pathetic because even after winning (which so many people have been crying out for) many of the "fans" in this thread have still completely slated the team and the manager. I get the feeling that a win is just not enough for some people.

But did we really play that badly? I certainly didn't think so.

I think it's pathetic because even after winning (which so many people have been crying out for) many of the "fans" in this thread have still completely slated the team and the manager. I get the feeling that a win is just not enough for some people.

What frustrates me (can't speak for others) is that MON gets the difficult things brilliantly right, but can't see the obvious weaknesses and quick wins. I was also this frustrated, for the same reasons, when we beat Bolton 5-1.

Had to check that we hadn't lost judging by some of the comments on here.

I don't think we played nearly as bad as many have suggested. We got into a number of positions but weren't nearly clinical enough. Had our best 2 strikers taken their chances we would have won very comfortably. As it was there was only going to be one winner.

Just 4 more games to win now!