The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Taking my Missus lad to WWE in Nottingham in a couple of weeks, don't really know much about it other than the fact that the wrestlers are incredible athletes but the whole thing is basically in like an episode of Sunset Beach in spandex. On the day we have, John Cena, CM Punk, Kane, Ryback, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, R-Truth, Antonio Cesaro and several women (who will hopeully suffer some kind of wardrobe malfunction), only cost £20 each but is that a decent set of 'stars' or are we just going to be watching the duffers with the main event in London?

You'll be seeing all the top full timers.

Your duty as an adult male is to boo the hell out of John Cena, even if it upsets the lad.

• Like 1

Taking my Missus lad to WWE in Nottingham in a couple of weeks, don't really know much about it other than the fact that the wrestlers are incredible athletes but the whole thing is basically in like an episode of Sunset Beach in spandex. On the day we have, John Cena, CM Punk, Kane, Ryback, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, R-Truth, Antonio Cesaro and several women (who will hopeully suffer some kind of wardrobe malfunction), only cost £20 each but is that a decent set of 'stars' or are we just going to be watching the duffers with the main event in London?

You'll be seeing all the top full timers.

Your duty as an adult male is to boo the hell out of John Cena, even if it upsets the lad.

I want to fit in so I will follow this advice.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just watching WWE at the moment on sky 1, it really is terrible these days isn't it.

When was the last time that there was a match that didn't include any interference and just had two people actually wrestling instead of talking for 10 minutes before some random bloke comes down and KO's them with one finisher?

Undertaker must really be short on cash to keep doing this shit

I think he just really likes the business, hes had a great deal where he has just been basically doing the Wrestlemania match with for the last couple of years. Most people are speculating the next Mania will be his last one so its pretty likely hes doing one last full timeish run before he calls it quits. 

Plus I think the WWE desperately need him with Punk out injured and the Rock back doing movies they haven't really built up anyone to step up and fill the gap

• 4 weeks later...

since the Lex Express travelled the country (or America anyway).

I feel old.

How old are you? I thought you were only about 20 yourself?

As I only ever dip in and out of this thread, I apologise if this has already been mentioned but if it has then it is still worth mentioning again: Follow The Iron Sheik on Twitter.   That is all. 

since the Lex Express travelled the country (or America anyway).

I feel old.

How old are you? I thought you were only about 20 yourself?

I'm 23 in just over a month but I can still vaguely remember wrestling in 1993. I also grew up rewatching older tapes, I'm surprised my Wrestlemania VIII video is still going, I must have watched that nearly every saturday morning for 2 years,

Wrestling is fake. Everything is staged and anyone who spends money to watch this tripe needs help.

Suppose you shouldn't watch films or TV series too as they are all staged & fake. In fact, Big Brother should just be played all day every day on every channel  ;)

The other day I watched a film about Mick Foleys life... that guy is insane! It then made me watch a youtube video on the Attitude Era... I used to love that. Not watched any wrestling since the Attitude Era but it was actually really good then. 

Edited by PieFacE

The other day I watched a film about Mick Foleys life... that guy is insane! 

You should read his first book. It's excellent.

His follow ups are decent too, but "Have a Nice Day" is the more autobiographical one and is easily the best, imo.

Â