The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

From the Sun

Cornette: I want Russo dead

TNA have taken legal action against Jim Cornette — after he sent an email saying he dreams of MURDERING the company's head writer Vince Russo.

Cornette and Russo, who have very different philosophies on the wrestling business, worked together in TNA for three years.

However they clashed many times and, after being fired by TNA in 2009, Cornette has become increasingly critical of the former the WWE and WCW booker.

Now in a letter to TNA's head of talent Terry Taylor, which he sent in March and has reproduced on his own website, he says he wants his rival to die.

SunSport understands that this is a real life situation — and NOT part of a wrestling storyline.

Cornette, who now works for Ring Of Honor, wrote: "I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die.

"If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life."

He added: "I regularly wake up from dreams in which I am in the act of murdering him.

"I literally burn whenever I think of him. I have sworn to myself that I will willingly go to jail if I ever see him in person again, and he had better pray to his fictitious invisible man in the sky that that day never comes.

"I intend to make it my life's work and mission to f*** with him and anything he ever has anything to do with in the wrestling business."

In the email, Cornette also hits out at TNA President Dixie Carter and company founder Jeff Jarrett — and says he hopes the group goes bankrupt "quickly and painfully".

TNA's lawyers responded with a letter, that again Cornette posted on his website.

Guy S. Blake of Davis Shapiro Lewit & Hayes states: "TNA has recently intercepted a shocking and appalling email communication which was sent from your email address to the attention of TNA's talent coordinator, Terry Taylor at his TNA email address.

"Upon review of the content of said email, TNA was so concerned that they have turned the email over to this firm to take appropriate action in order to protect the safety and welfare of TNA's staff and talent.

Advertisement

"It is our view that the foregoing statements constitute 'terroristic threats' under virtually every jurisdiction in the country, including under the US Code (18 USC 875) and Kentucky State Law (KRS 508.080).

"Generally, under both Federal and State Law, a person will be guilty of having made terroristic threats if such person willfully threatens to commit a crime which would result in death or great bodily injury to the victim and demonstrates specific intent to communicate such threat to the victim or to a third party who the perpetrator believes will convey such threat to the intended victim.

"Your email satisfies all of the foregoing elements and it is irrelevant whether you intended to actually carry out such threat or not.

"Nonetheless, we must assume the worst.

"Indeed, the language of the email is so specific, unequivocal and unconditional that Vince Russo (a TNA employee) has understandably experienced extreme fear for himself and his family."

From the Sun

Cornette: I want Russo dead

TNA have taken legal action against Jim Cornette — after he sent an email saying he dreams of MURDERING the company's head writer Vince Russo.

Cornette and Russo, who have very different philosophies on the wrestling business, worked together in TNA for three years.

However they clashed many times and, after being fired by TNA in 2009, Cornette has become increasingly critical of the former the WWE and WCW booker.

Now in a letter to TNA's head of talent Terry Taylor, which he sent in March and has reproduced on his own website, he says he wants his rival to die.

SunSport understands that this is a real life situation — and NOT part of a wrestling storyline.

Cornette, who now works for Ring Of Honor, wrote: "I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die.

"If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life."

He added: "I regularly wake up from dreams in which I am in the act of murdering him.

"I literally burn whenever I think of him. I have sworn to myself that I will willingly go to jail if I ever see him in person again, and he had better pray to his fictitious invisible man in the sky that that day never comes.

"I intend to make it my life's work and mission to f*** with him and anything he ever has anything to do with in the wrestling business."

In the email, Cornette also hits out at TNA President Dixie Carter and company founder Jeff Jarrett — and says he hopes the group goes bankrupt "quickly and painfully".

TNA's lawyers responded with a letter, that again Cornette posted on his website.

Guy S. Blake of Davis Shapiro Lewit & Hayes states: "TNA has recently intercepted a shocking and appalling email communication which was sent from your email address to the attention of TNA's talent coordinator, Terry Taylor at his TNA email address.

"Upon review of the content of said email, TNA was so concerned that they have turned the email over to this firm to take appropriate action in order to protect the safety and welfare of TNA's staff and talent.

Advertisement

"It is our view that the foregoing statements constitute 'terroristic threats' under virtually every jurisdiction in the country, including under the US Code (18 USC 875) and Kentucky State Law (KRS 508.080).

"Generally, under both Federal and State Law, a person will be guilty of having made terroristic threats if such person willfully threatens to commit a crime which would result in death or great bodily injury to the victim and demonstrates specific intent to communicate such threat to the victim or to a third party who the perpetrator believes will convey such threat to the intended victim.

"Your email satisfies all of the foregoing elements and it is irrelevant whether you intended to actually carry out such threat or not.

"Nonetheless, we must assume the worst.

"Indeed, the language of the email is so specific, unequivocal and unconditional that Vince Russo (a TNA employee) has understandably experienced extreme fear for himself and his family."

Lol quality... speaking of TNA. what is with Booker T's accent?

I last watched this (in it's greatest years if wrestling can have any) in 1990.

Classic years with Demolition, Hart Foundation, Rockers, Million $ Man, Ultimate Warrior, Mr Perfect etc.

Sports entertainment as it is today is more like a poluted soap show.

Dave Meltzer is reporting there is "growing concern" in TNA regarding the well-being of Jeff Hardy. According to his report, the feeling is he may be dealing with issues that plagued him in his last run with the company and also lead to his release from WWE before coming to TNA.

Kevin Nash suffered a concussion taking the Swanton Bomb from Hardy and the belief is Hardy's ring work has been subpar. His behavior has been described as erratic and promos coming off as incoherent babble.

Hardy is due back in the Superior Court of Moore County, North Carolina on Monday, May 10, 2010 where he will stand trial on drug charges stemming from his September 2009 arrest.

Needs to sort his life out. Screw up.

Dave Meltzer is reporting there is "growing concern" in TNA regarding the well-being of Jeff Hardy. According to his report, the feeling is he may be dealing with issues that plagued him in his last run with the company and also lead to his release from WWE before coming to TNA.

Kevin Nash suffered a concussion taking the Swanton Bomb from Hardy and the belief is Hardy's ring work has been subpar. His behavior has been described as erratic and promos coming off as incoherent babble.

Hardy is due back in the Superior Court of Moore County, North Carolina on Monday, May 10, 2010 where he will stand trial on drug charges stemming from his September 2009 arrest.

Needs to sort his life out. Screw up.

was gutted when he left wwe but how many chances can you give him?

re: the miz.... i think Vince rates him. look how long hes had the United States title and is the unified champ

any idea why MVP isnt getting a push? everytime i see him in a match he never wins

All fans who attended Raw last night have been offered a refund, as all the Raw superstars except HHH are stranded in the UK!

Apparently they were forced to have a smackdown invades Raw show. Recorded it so shall watch it tonight.

All fans who attended Raw last night have been offered a refund, as all the Raw superstars except HHH are stranded in the UK!

Apparently they were forced to have a smackdown invades Raw show. Recorded it so shall watch it tonight.

it was **** awful...

Was happy to see Edge drafted to raw and then they go and **** move Christian to smackdown.

Grrrrr.

yeh i agree..not happy with that at all. glad Showmiz lost the titles.. wanna see The Miz as a singles competitor again

Ted Dibiase is my fave at the moment especially now he is carrying round the million dollar belt and trying to hire the likes of R Truth to be his 'Virgil'.

Seems to be morphing into his father.

Â