The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

I read something about the ropes being too taut, but then his tag team partner took the dropkick and landed on the ropes without hurting himself, so it probably was just a freak accident to do with the way he fell and the angle he hit the ropes at. Still makes me feel queasy watching him hit the ropes and seeing the him just go completely limp. Massive shame.

Edited by Ginko

Yeah clearly something happen, I was more getting at that it wasn't an accident in terms of anything mysterio did. Drop kick was text book and it was just the way he fell which would have been his own judgement.

Sickening stuff though

Oh yeah, it was nothing Mysterio did though I doubt that'll be any comfort to him and he'll still feel somewhat guilty.

Shame such a shit finisher was the reason for someone's death though :(

It's not even the finisher though is it?

All the videos say "619 killed wrestler"

But he's down before he even attempts it. It's just the set up.

Very strange

Looks like his neck hit the rope pretty hard. Pretty horrible to watch.

Looks like his neck hit the rope pretty hard. Pretty horrible to watch.

That'd do it. Crushed larynx and its goodnight Vienna.

This has got to be one of the worst build ups to Wrestlemania ever, barring Bray Wyatt and Sting.  It feels like just another PPV.  I didn't see it but just read on the ending for Raw yesterday and it sounded absolutely horrific.  Reigns and Lesnar basically playing tug of war with the title belt.

This has got to be one of the worst build ups to Wrestlemania ever, barring Bray Wyatt and Sting.  It feels like just another PPV.  I didn't see it but just read on the ending for Raw yesterday and it sounded absolutely horrific.  Reigns and Lesnar basically playing tug of war with the title belt.

TBF the fact that Sting is wrestling in it makes the rest pretty much irrelevant. What I'm genuinely amazed at is how they've got everything spot on so far in terms of handling Sting's character, but obviously there's plenty of time to drop the ball, i.e. at Mania itself, surely he can't lose this one?

I've decided to try and get back into it, especially as sky one do an hour show summing up raw.

Don't really get the love for Daniel Bryan. I've constantly read lots about him but I don't see anything special. What am I missing?

Roman Reigns looks good and I have to say I'm a fan of John cena, but maybe that's because I haven't paid much attention to it over the last few years.

Is it Bray Wyatt? He seems interesting and and someone to tune in for

I've decided to try and get back into it, especially as sky one do an hour show summing up raw.

Don't really get the love for Daniel Bryan. I've constantly read lots about him but I don't see anything special. What am I missing?

Roman Reigns looks good and I have to say I'm a fan of John cena, but maybe that's because I haven't paid much attention to it over the last few years.

Is it Bray Wyatt? He seems interesting and and someone to tune in for

The hipster element of the smarks on the internet. Bryan came through independent wrestling productions before making it big with WWE. This means that people knew about him before he was a big star. Like CM Punk he is in my opinion just a good wrestler in a fairly average era he must be promoted to being one of the best of all time (as is the case with everything nowadays on the internet)

You won't get much love for saying you like Cena and Reigns as it is now cool to dislike the 'good' guys. Personally I think both are good at being the characters they are told to portray

Edited by RichardCanning

The problem with Cena is exactly the same character being forced down our throat for over a decade. His in ring ability is sub par but he is always portrayed as a super human and his booking has ruined the momentum of many potential stars on the rise (Wyatt was on a meteoric rise until he got put back about 12 months after a feud with Cena).

Cena seems like a good guy and he busts his ass for the company, but people are bored and have been for years. The fact their top star gets booed out of the building in 8/10 events is embarrassing but wwe thing they've pulled a master stroke in billing him as a "controversial" "polarising" star. (They haven't).

A heel turn could be huge, look what happened with Hogan. Another trick missed by Vince incidentally.

Too late for Cena heel turn.  Everyone would just cheer him.

Daniel Bryan is loved because people know how hard he works, how good he is and how little he cares for backstage politics.  

Wyatt's promo on Monday was outstanding.  Def watch it. 

Yet Cena hardly ever has a bad match.

BTW Brock Lesnar has re-signed with WWE.  Please make Lesnar v Cesaro happen!!!!

In what way ?  he doesn't injure anyone ?.....other than that I think its your opinion about not having a bad match as all his matches are fairly poor and that's why the crowd cant really warm to the guy same shit every match nothing different .......out side of the ring cena is probably one of the best in the WWE always reportedly on hand first in line for the promos with the kids etc ... 

How much of the WWE's revenue is tied to the house shows and merch sales?  I presume it's the core business as the TV stuff wouldn't work if it played out in front of half empty arenas.   Anyway, I guess what I am saying is I'm curious as to how Cena affects the ticket sales of house shows.  I'd presume they must sell more quickly when he is in town (and he shifts the most merch) for the company to keep him as their top dog.  

Rusev beating the hell out of Cena on Raw has basically given away the outcome of their match on Sunday. Generally whoever gets the better on the previous show, loses.

With Lesnar re-signing I think he may actually win on Sunday now. Possible face turn and eventual Rollins cash in on him.

Â