Vandrell

WWE: General Chat

Yes, AEW would be the logical place for him to go, and a massive coup of course. 

If AEW carry on the way they're going, it'll be unmissable for the modern wrestling fan. I hope they use some ROH and NJPW guys - Juice's new faction Lifeblood has huge potential and each one of those guys would be great on a big platform like AEW will become. 

In GCW news, they're running a no rope one night only event like last year called Bloodsport - it's a Pancrase inspired MMA / ProWres hybrid, wins by sub or KO only, which takes place Wrestlemania weekend. Last year the main event was Minoru Suzuki v Matt Riddle (!) 

The line up this year;

Josh Barnett

Hideki Suzuki 

Minoru Suzuki 

Tom Lawlor

Dan Severn 

Timothy Thatcher 

Jonathan Gresham 

Simon Grimm

Andy Williams

Masashi Takeda

The possibilities! 

Plus, they've got Jun Kasai coming over later this month, when he headlines against Alex Colon. That card also includes Matt Tremont v G-Raver and Gage v SHLAK. After that you've got an event in LA which might feature Colon v Drew Parker and does include the legit dream match of Joey Ryan v Orange Cassidy. 

I know AEW will be good. But they'll have to be great for me to enjoy their shows more than GCW, cos they're the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Like 1

DysTQ5mXQAAKCTg.jpg

JIMMY! JIMMY! JIMMY F'N HAVOC!... IS ALL ELITE!

The Havoc vs Ambrose match is gonna happen if Ambrose actually leaves and it's not all a work. 

• Like 1

I find the wwe booking wierd lately. They turned elias and rusev and both were doing excellently as faces. Now they have turned them back and they are still getting cheered. So stupid. Also the Bryan turn isn't working either. 

The best thing at the moment is becky. I'm sure ronda is going to be a heel soon. Already people are getting fed up with her. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I find the wwe booking wierd lately. They turned elias and rusev and both were doing excellently as faces. Now they have turned them back and they are still getting cheered. So stupid. Also the Bryan turn isn't working either. 

The best thing at the moment is becky. I'm sure ronda is going to be a heel soon. Already people are getting fed up with her. 

Yeah Elias and Rusev make no sense.

I think Daniel Bryan is brilliant as a heel.  He's always going to get cheers (especially in Washington).  

Becky is great, she's basically Stone Cold.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah Elias and Rusev make no sense.

I think Daniel Bryan is brilliant as a heel.  He's always going to get cheers (especially in Washington).  

Becky is great, she's basically Stone Cold.

Bryan is better as a face I think. I don't get the wierd pairing with rowen either. Just because they have beards? He is better as a tag team with harper. 

Yeah I agree becky has become the female version of stone cold. Be Good d if they have this as becky-Stephanie like the vince-stone cold

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bryan is better as a face I think. I don't get the wierd pairing with rowen either. Just because they have beards? He is better as a tag team with harper. 

Yeah I agree becky has become the female version of stone cold. Be Good d if they have this as becky-Stephanie like the vince-stone cold

I think he's really enjoying the freedom with his character and his promos are great.  I know ultimately he will end up as a babyface again so just enjoying a bit of freshness with him.

Rowan is just the hired muscle, a bit like Diesel was to HBK.

Yes, that's what I'm hoping for with Becky.  She's acting towards authority just like Austin was in late 97 which kick started the whole Austin/McMahon thing.

18 hours ago, Daweii said:

DysTQ5mXQAAKCTg.jpg

JIMMY! JIMMY! JIMMY F'N HAVOC!... IS ALL ELITE!

The Havoc vs Ambrose match is gonna happen if Ambrose actually leaves and it's not all a work. 

I wonder if they'll get the license to use his entrance music. He's not Jimmy Havoc without AFI! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hogso said:

I wonder if they'll get the license to use his entrance music. He's not Jimmy Havoc without AFI! 

I really hope so. I think entrance music is a very important aspect. I remember when WWE licenced music for their biggest stars and it made them feel even bigger, but those days are gone aside from Ronda Rousey. The Khan family will do well to make sure their biggest names have the best music regardless of how much it costs.

WWE were always fine even without licences because they had Jim Johnston doing the music.  He was great.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

WWE were always fine even without licences because they had Jim Johnston doing the music.  He was great.

Compiled some really awesome themes over the years for WWE.

As far back as Ultimate Warrior. Awesome tune.

The closest a North American death match has ever been to 'mainstream', this match will have massive exposure, I'm curious to see how that works out for GCW in the long term. 

Takeda is the single best DM worker in the world at the moment, and although Jimmy wouldn't have been my personal choice to face him on as huge an occasion as the above, it'll still be a great match. 

GCW put on a show last weekend main evented by Alex Colon v Jun Kasai, who hadn't been to the US for 10 years. The whole event was fantastic, very heavily DM focused, and a great intro to the promotion. They also announced two dates in Japan in August, hopefully it'll be a GCW v FREEDOMS type deal - although I'm not sure Nick Gage would actually be allowed to leave the country!