The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Yes, AEW would be the logical place for him to go, and a massive coup of course. 

If AEW carry on the way they're going, it'll be unmissable for the modern wrestling fan. I hope they use some ROH and NJPW guys - Juice's new faction Lifeblood has huge potential and each one of those guys would be great on a big platform like AEW will become. 

In GCW news, they're running a no rope one night only event like last year called Bloodsport - it's a Pancrase inspired MMA / ProWres hybrid, wins by sub or KO only, which takes place Wrestlemania weekend. Last year the main event was Minoru Suzuki v Matt Riddle (!) 

The line up this year;

Josh Barnett

Hideki Suzuki 

Minoru Suzuki 

Tom Lawlor

Dan Severn 

Timothy Thatcher 

Jonathan Gresham 

Simon Grimm

Andy Williams

Masashi Takeda

The possibilities! 

Plus, they've got Jun Kasai coming over later this month, when he headlines against Alex Colon. That card also includes Matt Tremont v G-Raver and Gage v SHLAK. After that you've got an event in LA which might feature Colon v Drew Parker and does include the legit dream match of Joey Ryan v Orange Cassidy. 

I know AEW will be good. But they'll have to be great for me to enjoy their shows more than GCW, cos they're the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Like 1

I find the wwe booking wierd lately. They turned elias and rusev and both were doing excellently as faces. Now they have turned them back and they are still getting cheered. So stupid. Also the Bryan turn isn't working either. 

The best thing at the moment is becky. I'm sure ronda is going to be a heel soon. Already people are getting fed up with her. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I find the wwe booking wierd lately. They turned elias and rusev and both were doing excellently as faces. Now they have turned them back and they are still getting cheered. So stupid. Also the Bryan turn isn't working either. 

The best thing at the moment is becky. I'm sure ronda is going to be a heel soon. Already people are getting fed up with her. 

Yeah Elias and Rusev make no sense.

I think Daniel Bryan is brilliant as a heel.  He's always going to get cheers (especially in Washington).  

Becky is great, she's basically Stone Cold.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah Elias and Rusev make no sense.

I think Daniel Bryan is brilliant as a heel.  He's always going to get cheers (especially in Washington).  

Becky is great, she's basically Stone Cold.

Bryan is better as a face I think. I don't get the wierd pairing with rowen either. Just because they have beards? He is better as a tag team with harper. 

Yeah I agree becky has become the female version of stone cold. Be Good d if they have this as becky-Stephanie like the vince-stone cold

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bryan is better as a face I think. I don't get the wierd pairing with rowen either. Just because they have beards? He is better as a tag team with harper. 

Yeah I agree becky has become the female version of stone cold. Be Good d if they have this as becky-Stephanie like the vince-stone cold

I think he's really enjoying the freedom with his character and his promos are great.  I know ultimately he will end up as a babyface again so just enjoying a bit of freshness with him.

Rowan is just the hired muscle, a bit like Diesel was to HBK.

Yes, that's what I'm hoping for with Becky.  She's acting towards authority just like Austin was in late 97 which kick started the whole Austin/McMahon thing.

18 hours ago, Daweii said:

DysTQ5mXQAAKCTg.jpg

JIMMY! JIMMY! JIMMY F'N HAVOC!... IS ALL ELITE!

The Havoc vs Ambrose match is gonna happen if Ambrose actually leaves and it's not all a work. 

I wonder if they'll get the license to use his entrance music. He's not Jimmy Havoc without AFI! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hogso said:

I wonder if they'll get the license to use his entrance music. He's not Jimmy Havoc without AFI! 

I really hope so. I think entrance music is a very important aspect. I remember when WWE licenced music for their biggest stars and it made them feel even bigger, but those days are gone aside from Ronda Rousey. The Khan family will do well to make sure their biggest names have the best music regardless of how much it costs.

• 2 weeks later...

The closest a North American death match has ever been to 'mainstream', this match will have massive exposure, I'm curious to see how that works out for GCW in the long term. 

Takeda is the single best DM worker in the world at the moment, and although Jimmy wouldn't have been my personal choice to face him on as huge an occasion as the above, it'll still be a great match. 

GCW put on a show last weekend main evented by Alex Colon v Jun Kasai, who hadn't been to the US for 10 years. The whole event was fantastic, very heavily DM focused, and a great intro to the promotion. They also announced two dates in Japan in August, hopefully it'll be a GCW v FREEDOMS type deal - although I'm not sure Nick Gage would actually be allowed to leave the country! 

• 1 month later...

So Wrestlemania is coming up this weekend. The current card looks like this:

• Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch (Raw and SmackDown Women's Championships)
  • Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston (WWE Championship)
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins (Universal Championship)
  • Samoa Joe vs. Rey Mysterio (United States Championship)
  • Bobby Lashley vs. Finn Balor  (Intercontinental Championship)
  • Triple H vs. Batista (No Holds Barred)
  • The Miz vs. Shane McMahon (Falls Count Anywhere)
  • Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre
  • Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin
  • AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
  • Buddy Murphy vs. Tony Nese (Cruiserweight Championship)
  • Bayley and Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax and Tamina vs. The IIconics vs. Beth Phoenix and Natalya (Women's Tag Team Championships)
  • Andre the Giant Battle Royal
  • Women's Battle Royal

Should be a good PPV given the fact only a few matches on the card have had a proper WrestleMania worthy build.

I am fully expecting one more twist in the Kofi Kingston build. The New Day put up a skit earlier with Kofi training to sign the contract as fast as possible so Vince doesn't remove him from the match last minute. I have a feeling he'll be that fast to sign the contract tonight that he won't notice the match stipulation or something like that. 

I think ultimately my main gripe with WrestleMania isn't the card and isn't the lack of build for most matches, it's the fact the PPV is going to be close to 8 hours long. 

10 hours ago, Daweii said:

Should be a good PPV given the fact only a few matches on the card have had a proper WrestleMania worthy build.

I am fully expecting one more twist in the Kofi Kingston build. The New Day put up a skit earlier with Kofi training to sign the contract as fast as possible so Vince doesn't remove him from the match last minute. I have a feeling he'll be that fast to sign the contract tonight that he won't notice the match stipulation or something like that. 

I think ultimately my main gripe with WrestleMania isn't the card and isn't the lack of build for most matches, it's the fact the PPV is going to be close to 8 hours long. 

I have a feeling big e might turn on kofi very soon 

Did anyone see raw? The segment between becky Charlotte and ronda was one of the best scenes I have seen in years. Was brilliantly done. 

• Like 1

Becky will get her big moment but they'll take the easy option and Ronda will avoid the pin.

Hate that Charlotte has been shoe horned in.  Would have had so much more of a big fight feel if it was 1 on 1. 

I think back to the build for Austin v Michaels at WM14. It could've been like that for Becky.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a feeling big e might turn on kofi very soon 

Did anyone see raw? The segment between becky Charlotte and ronda was one of the best scenes I have seen in years. Was brilliantly done. 

I could see Big E turning on Kofi especially with the power imbalance that the WWE Title would add to the group. 

I absolutely loved the RAW segment between Lynch/Flair/Rousey. It was something straight out of the Attitude Era and it added a much needed fire to a feud that has been insanely overbooked. Their match over the last few weeks has gotten less exciting as WWE added more and more to the story, but that go-home segment made me excited again. 

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Becky will get her big moment but they'll take the easy option and Ronda will avoid the pin.

Hate that Charlotte has been shoe horned in.  Would have had so much more of a big fight feel if it was 1 on 1. 

I think back to the build for Austin v Michaels at WM14. It could've been like that for Becky.

Yeah Lynch will finally get her moment and it'll be even sweeter holding two titles up, but she's the biggest attraction in WWE right now it didn't need to be a triple threat. 

What makes it worse is that until Flair's win last week on Smackdown she'd lost all of her matches in 2019. How does someone that hasn't won since late-2018 on TV or otherwise get into the Main Event at WrestleMania? Her first two wins of the year were last week and last night. If Flair had been winning plenty of matches too then sure, but she hadn't so it makes her inclusion really awkward.

50 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I could see Big E turning on Kofi especially with the power imbalance that the WWE Title would add to the group. 

I absolutely loved the RAW segment between Lynch/Flair/Rousey. It was something straight out of the Attitude Era and it added a much needed fire to a feud that has been insanely overbooked. Their match over the last few weeks has gotten less exciting as WWE added more and more to the story, but that go-home segment made me excited again. 

Yeah Lynch will finally get her moment and it'll be even sweeter holding two titles up, but she's the biggest attraction in WWE right now it didn't need to be a triple threat. 

What makes it worse is that until Flair's win last week on Smackdown she'd lost all of her matches in 2019. How does someone that hasn't won since late-2018 on TV or otherwise get into the Main Event at WrestleMania? Her first two wins of the year were last week and last night. If Flair had been winning plenty of matches too then sure, but she hadn't so it makes her inclusion really awkward.

I agree they should have made it a one on one but they obviously protecting rousey which is lame. Would have preffered Charlotte vs asuka one on one than this. 

As for kofi maybe they might swerve us and have the betrayal at wm and keep title on Bryan for a bit longer. Can't see becky rollins and kofi all winning. 

Hopefully rollins gets. The tite. He deserves it more than anyone. 

Then I think mcintyre will win the mitb and cash in to defeat  rollins with lesnar moving to sd

Â