The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

In news that will surprise no one, it's official 

I don't think it's much of a stretch for it to become the second biggest wrestling promotion in America almost instantly. If this is a bigger, better produced, TV / Streaming version of PWG it will be unmissable viewing for the modern wrestling fan. 

And with it being new years day, it's nearly time for Wrestle Kingdom and one of the most unpredictable nights in professional wrestling anywhere in the world - New Years Dash. Can't wait! 

Edited by hogso

Really sad news - RIP😢

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46740603

The wrestling world has been rocked by the death of "Mean" Gene Okerlund, the veteran interviewer who was as much a part of WWE as Spandex and chokeholds.

Renowned for his announcing, ringside commentary and chats with such stars as Hulk Hogan and Jesse Ventura, his death at 76 was announced by the WWE company

• Thanks 1

On 01/01/2019 at 12:38, hogso said:

I don't think it's much of a stretch for it to become the second biggest wrestling promotion in America almost instantly. If this is a bigger, better produced, TV / Streaming version of PWG it will be unmissable viewing for the modern wrestling fan. 

And with it being new years day, it's nearly time for Wrestle Kingdom and one of the most unpredictable nights in professional wrestling anywhere in the world - New Years Dash. Can't wait! 

AEW is going to be excellent once they get settled and have a roster to work with. It's already looking likely that TNT will air Tuesday Night Dynamite (if they stick with that), which is so fitting given TNT's history airing WCW back in the day. 

As for Wrestle Kingdom? I feel it got AEW'd/WWE'd. The Elite or associates of The Elite made up like 70% of the card which made the event predictable. The Elite lost every match they were in which makes sense given the mass exodus that is happening.

On 06/01/2019 at 15:26, Daweii said:

As for Wrestle Kingdom? I feel it got AEW'd/WWE'd. 

Not really for me. There wasn't anymore of a North American influence on it than the last few years, and WK results are rarely unpredictable - it's the quality of the action and payoff to long running storylines that make it such a spectacle. I mean, there wasn't an ROH title match for the first time in a long time - I'm glad the working relationship with RevPro is more prominent now, the styles really are similar for both companies. 

Looking forward to more AEW news. The stuff announced so far is promising, ideally I'd like to see the elite in both AEW and NJPW, but why shouldn't AEW build their 'own' stars like Hangman Page over the next year or so, and make it the only place to see those guys? I do feel the Heavyweight title picture is weaker for losing Kenny if he doesn't compete in NJPW anymore. But that could mean more of an opportunity for my man Sanada! And, naturally, Jay White is getting the mother of all pushes at the moment, and could legitimately beat Tana. Who thought that would be likely 12 months ago? 

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Royal rumble was decent. Glad becky and rollings won both deserved the wins are both are really hot right now.

Really hoping they don't add Charlotte to the match. Ronda vsbecky is a huge match and becky should be the one to beat rouseyfinally. 

Jax in men's rumble was good. Was good to see double j. Shocked ec3 owens or zayn never made the match 

Good ol' Jay E double F, Jay A Double R, E double T!  -  :crylaugh:

I'm sure he once quoted as saying he would have nothing to do with Vince McMachon again!  My word 💵 💵 certainly talks in that industry!

Like Ted DiBiase always said: "Everybody's gotta price!"

28 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Good ol' Jay E double F, Jay A Double R, E double T!  -  :crylaugh:

I'm sure he once quoted as saying he would have nothing to do with Vince McMachon again!  My word 💵 💵 certainly talks in that industry!

Like Ted DiBiase always said: "Everybody's gotta price!"

Vince said live on air when they had the Raw/Nitro simulcast that Jarrett would never work for him again.

He was inducted into the Hall of Fame, either last year or the year before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Vince said live on air when they had the Raw/Nitro simulcast that Jarrett would never work for him again.

He was inducted into the Hall of Fame, either last year or the year before.

They have even welcomed back hulk hogan despite his racist comments. 

No one is ever barred from wwe under vince

That was the first WWE show I've watched in full for a long time, and it was really good. Wasn't really invested enough to be rooting for any particular winners, but it was entertaining nonetheless. 

KENTA back to Japan would be magic. It's easy to assume he'll be back with NOAH, but a run in AJPW or NJPW would be great. 

As for Ambrose, I think he's a far too big name now to go back to deathmatch wrestling, but I'd still love to see him in GCW. 

On 30/01/2019 at 20:26, hogso said:

KENTA back to Japan would be magic. It's easy to assume he'll be back with NOAH, but a run in AJPW or NJPW would be great. 

As for Ambrose, I think he's a far too big name now to go back to deathmatch wrestling, but I'd still love to see him in GCW. 

There is talk going around that Ambrose has an AEW contract waiting for him and it's huge. I think by the time AEW starts its live weekly TV show its roster is going to be beyond impressive. I just love that WWE are squirming a bit as they have been way too comfortable for way too long. 

Â