The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Summer slam was actually really  good

Spoiler

Seth and digger was match of the night amazing 

Aj-joe was superb until the ending

Becky lynch turning heel was superbly done. Was expecting it to be Charlotte to turn on Becky not the other way around so that was well executed.

Rousey destroyed bliss 

Reigns won and showman didn't cash in as expected. In a way I'm glad reigns has had a lot of crap to deal with and deserves a run with the title. 

5 hours ago, Dick said:

They are trying all they can to make fans care for Reigns

Reveal hidden contents

Turned Strowman heel tonight, AFTER he cashed his contract in for a match at HIAC). 

Spoiler

WWE don't have a clue what they are doing.

Strowman is a loved character that gets over doing heel actions. Over the last 18 months he has done heel thing after heel thing and he gets cheered. Turning him heel won't work.

All that is going to happen is Strowman will enter Hell in a Cell get cheered for destroying the Cell, fighting around/on-top of the Cell, destroying Reigns and then the crowd will boo Reigns when he inevitably wins. 

The kicker is that Strowman cashed in to get this opportunity which will give the fans even more reason to boo Reigns when he wins. 

To get Reigns over, the WWE need to stop putting him against fan favourites. Reigns got over last month because everyone hates Brock "never turns up" Lesnar, but lightning won't strike twice pitting him against Strowman. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

WWE trying same with Becky Lynch but the fans wont boo her. Some crowd reactions she is getting now

With Becky it's easier to solve. She's only getting cheered because the fans want to see Charlotte get her shit kicked in. If Becky starts attacking anyone else but Charlotte she'll get heat. She could also change her appearance and music to add to the heat if she wanted.

It's just dumb. Becky is 10x over charlotte yet that turn Becky and she is still over. The strowman turn was so wierd. Made little to no sense. Why as a heel would he cash in like this??

It's horrendous booking.

They should have had a drew mcintyre-reigns feud and had strowman cash in

22 hours ago, Daweii said:

With Becky it's easier to solve. She's only getting cheered because the fans want to see Charlotte get her shit kicked in. If Becky starts attacking anyone else but Charlotte she'll get heat. She could also change her appearance and music to add to the heat if she wanted.

I'm not so sure. It's different, a bit Stone Cold-ish. 

• 1 month later...

I hope he can beat it and not just beat it, but beat it and be able to come back. Leukemia as we all know far too well is destructive and the treatments more so. As we saw with Petrov it took him years to beat it and several more years to come close to the level of fitness and conditioning he had prior to the disease. Very sad news as while I can't say I am a fan of his character, I have always liked him as a person.

• Like 1

Evolution one of the best PPVs this year. It had a NXT feel, and I think HHH must have been behind the planning for it, a much better ppv than we usually see, more about in ring wrestling than shenanigans!

Lynch vs Flair was phenomenal and it should have been the main event.

The event itself was solid. The event had an NXT vibe to it which I think WWE would do well to incorporate across the whole product at this point. It was one the best PPV's of the year by far. 

• Like 1

GCW have booked Onita in a yet to be confirmed match for Joey Janella's Spring Break 3 - which takes place over Wrestlemania weekend. Tickets went on sale earlier today, and it sold out in 5 minutes. 

Their LA Confidential show in a couple of weeks has match ups such as The Great Sasuke v The Amazing Red, Joey Ryan v Nick Gage, and Brody King v Hardcore Holly. A couple of weeks after that they're running a show called The G Code, which is pretty much a full on deathmatch show, and features the first time ever match up of Matt Tremont v Eric Ryan.

Second year running they're my promotion of the year, which is saying something considering what NJPW have done in the last 3 years. 

In other news, Jun Kasai invaded BJW recently during a match involving Ryuji Ito. Shits gonna get crazy! 

14 hours ago, Daweii said:

Lynch vs Flair was phenomenal and it should have been the main event.

The event itself was solid. The event had an NXT vibe to it which I think WWE would do well to incorporate across the whole product at this point. It was one the best PPV's of the year by far. 

I agree that match was one of the best matches in years. I can't believe the women are starting to take bumps like the men. That's mental.

Definitely a great show. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No Young Bucks in the World Tag League this year. Could they be WWE bound post 05/01/19? I think now is the time. 

Also, Masasi Takeda finally dropped the BJW Death Match title this past weekend. The guy has had an unreal run, and is well on his way to be the Japanese death match wrestler of the 21st century - no easy feat. Can't wait to see the match! 

Â