The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Where the hell us lesnar? So stupid wwe recently

If he's still signed to the same appearance deal where he does like 10 RAW's a year and 3-4 PPV's a year we likely won't see him for a while.

What bugs me the most is it one makes a mockery of the title, and two it goes against the rules of being a champion that WWE themselves set. For everyone else if you don't defend at least once a month you relinquish the gold, but Lesnar can vanish for 2-3 months at a time and keep the belt. I don't mind Lesnar going away, but not when he has the most prestigious title on RAW. 

If it's true that Orton vs Wyatt is not for the WWE Title then this could be the first PPV in years where the top title for either brand is not defended. That to me sucks. 

37 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

The Universal title is about as prestigious as the TNA Knockouts championship belt.

Actually, less so.

Which in theory makes it not appearing even worse. The WWE Title can afford to not be defended at every opportunity, but the Universal is still in the prestige building phase it can't be wasted on a no-show like Lesnar.

8 hours ago, Daweii said:

If he's still signed to the same appearance deal where he does like 10 RAW's a year and 3-4 PPV's a year we likely won't see him for a while.

What bugs me the most is it one makes a mockery of the title, and two it goes against the rules of being a champion that WWE themselves set. For everyone else if you don't defend at least once a month you relinquish the gold, but Lesnar can vanish for 2-3 months at a time and keep the belt. I don't mind Lesnar going away, but not when he has the most prestigious title on RAW. 

If it's true that Orton vs Wyatt is not for the WWE Title then this could be the first PPV in years where the top title for either brand is not defended. That to me sucks. 

Absolutely spot on, and the viewing figures for both shows has plummeted recently wonder why?!

mitb will get viewers back though 

• Like 1

Any death match fans could do a lot worse than check out GCW'S last show (Road to Survival) and the one before Spring Break (New Face of War) - both had multiple examples of really good death matches. In CZW there's generally only one per event, and they're not always decent. 

Markus Crane v SHLAK on the War card was a particular highlight. Both men totally committed, with some crazy bumps. Crane taking not one but two alabama slams to a razor blade board was particularly memorable. 

It's also significant as I believe these will be the next winners of the top two death match tournaments in the world at the moment, which are now only a few months away. 

Crane is being booked as an unbeatable man who will go to any lengths to win, and I would expect him to win the Tournament of Survival in GCW. SHLAK on the other hand is a legitimate monster, a raving lunatic who I don't think has to act or pretend he likes inflicting punishment on his opponents, in a way I haven't seen since Wifebeater. I will be shocked if he doesn't win Tournament of Death in CZW.

I haven't watched any of it this week, but in regards to WWE, just judging by the posts here and other things I've heard lately - er, what? The only good thing seems to be Strowman. Which is saying something. 

It gets better. I just read that there will be a Raw PPV, featuring Lesnar's first defence, called 'Great Balls of Fire'. 

I might be missing something, but...what on earth? 

3 hours ago, hogso said:

It gets better. I just read that there will be a Raw PPV, featuring Lesnar's first defence, called 'Great Balls of Fire'. 

I might be missing something, but...what on earth? 

What's worse than the PPV's name is that it's not until July 9th, so 9 weeks from now Lesnar will defend the Universal Title for the first time since earning it 4 weeks ago. 

I don't really mind the title being defended on special PPVs but they then really need to make the US/Intercontinental titles mean that much more. US title picture looks good with Owens, Styles and Corbin fighting for it. Intercontinental not so much. Ambrose is a really weak champion.

10 hours ago, omariqy said:

I don't really mind the title being defended on special PPVs but they then really need to make the US/Intercontinental titles mean that much more. US title picture looks good with Owens, Styles and Corbin fighting for it. Intercontinental not so much. Ambrose is a really weak champion.

I think miz is about to win it and I think miz has been excellent recently. Well deserved in my view.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Payback another very lame ppv

jericho winning the belt was only highlight. I still am shocked they are going with a Jinder vs orton feud. Terrible. Wwe has been really shit this year

• Like 1

Shit PPV, but I expected nothing less from a RAW PPV. 

Almost no redeeming factors for it..

Spoiler

Only possible good things is teasing the BROKEN Matt Hardy character by breaking him last night..

Chris Jericho winning and going to Smackdown Live was cool, but he's on tour starting Wednesday with his band Fozzy so I don't think he'll be around much.

Braun Strowman winning was neat I guess, but they kept Reigns strong in defeat which weakened it a bit. I would have much preferred a 5 minute squash match really.

Really weak event.

To anyone that doesn't care enough to watch the whole PPV watch Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt, it is the worst match I have seen since the Monster Truck Sumo match at Halloween Havoc (1995).

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:
  Hide contents

Payback another very lame ppv

jericho winning the belt was only highlight. I still am shocked they are going with a Jinder vs orton feud. Terrible. Wwe has been really shit this year

Spoiler

They don't really have any decent heels on smackdown to feud with Orton. And now that KO has 'moved back' to raw I'm just so confused. Why move the Miz/Wyatt to Raw to leave Smackdown without any heels?

It's also still funny to see Roman still getting heavily booed by the crowd. 

45 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:
  Hide contents

They don't really have any decent heels on smackdown to feud with Orton. And now that KO has 'moved back' to raw I'm just so confused. Why move the Miz/Wyatt to Raw to leave Smackdown without any heels?

It's also still funny to see Roman still getting heavily booed by the crowd. 

Spoiler

Kevin Owens is staying on Smackdown Live. 

The stipulation was literally if Jericho wins he has to join Smackdown Live to keep the US Title on that brand. There was no negative for Owens aside from losing the title. 

Â