The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Looks like Lawler is pulling through, but you never know with this sort of thing he could easily take a turn for the worst.

Cole really went up in my estimations as well, how he managed to keep it together to call the rest of the match, and then deliver the announcements, the guys a true professional.

Only the finish and main spots are pre-arranged. They will probably discuss a structure pre-match but they generally make it up as they go along. You can often see them communicating with each other when they get close.

Some don't even pre-arrange the big spots, preferring to call everything on the fly.

They'll know what the other guy is capable of, and then just work a match based on the crowd reaction. It's easier to get a natural flow if it's not all pre-planned. The better you get the less is planned, unless it's a huge spot. Spotfest matches tend to be pretty boring because there's too much time making sure you're setup for the spots rather than having a natural flow to them.

The actual finish is also often not scripted, to the extent that the referee will know who's going to win, and when, but not how, leading to there being times when a finish has been botched because the ref was counting the wrong fall as the finish.

Not that long ago the finish to CM Punk - Swagger was botched by the ref, CM Punk pinned swagger, the ref counted to 3 when swagger kicked out at 2, the real finish was meant to be that swagger kicked out, then punk locked in the anaconda vice (you can see punk going for it immediately after swagger gets his arm up, but the ref wasn't in on that, knew the match was ending, so just thought the pin was the real finish.

Hate the term fake, pre-determined yes? Fake no.

I don't think people understand the amount of backstage politics and last minute decision making involved.

Also winning a title truly is an achievement. Wrestlers have to work their way up from bottom to the top, and often their ability to work the crowd (over their in ring ability) decides how high in the industry they make it.

Anyway, watch this,

Ps. He doesn't actually kill him.

Yeah, he's a bastard. The Mass Transit incident springs to mind. Too grim to post the video I'd say.
As brutal as it is, Kulas and his Dad were the utter, utter fuckwits in that case.

Agree 100%. There was no way on earth Kulas should have been allowed in the ring. Particularly with a notorious word removed like New Jack.

just Wiki'd it and as you say, it's the lads fault and even more of his fathers.

Saying that, New Jack shouldn't have cut quite as deep as he did, 2 arteries and 50 stitches is deep and long. Maybe it was an accident, but apparently he said he felt no remorse for the whole thing, so I'm not sure.

The kids dead now too! Complications following gastric band surgery. Shame.

New Jack's launching of Vic Grimes was in response to the infamous Danbury Fall whcih left New Jack pretty **** up. It looks like New Jack pulls him off to me so I've no idea why New Jack sought revenge so much. I think he actually said that in the XFW spot (posted above) he was trying to kill Grimes.

New Jack was one of my favourites. When Natural Born Killaz down the arena 8) Yeaaaa. Is the Vic Grimes vid posted above from the scaffold match? See, honestly, that made me laugh too. Grimes blinded New Jack during a match (legit, but it was accidental, really), so New Jack did that. Said afterwards that he did try to kill the fat ****, or words to that effect, by purposely throwing him to miss the tables :lol:

And in regard to real/not real/pre-determined, and the example used of New Jack - how about the ultra violent stuff? Pretty certain all of those guys must actually be sadists. I must admit I quite enjoyed some of the CZW and IWA-MS stuff, just cos some of the spots are so OTT and/or crazy. Mondo taking mutliple 'weed whacker' (lawn strimer to us Brits) shots from Wifebeater, Necro's **** muscle tendon or whatever it was hanging out of his arm during a lighttubes match with Pondo, and Thumbtack proper belting DJ Hyde around the head with a cinderblock come to mind. That stuff has to be seen to be believed, but it may put you off your dinner for a few weeks :lol:

I don't think people understand the amount of backstage politics and last minute decision making involved.

Also winning a title truly is an achievement. Wrestlers have to work their way up from bottom to the top, and often their ability to work the crowd (over their in ring ability) decides how high in the industry they make it.

Indeed - now consider the awesomeness of Booker T. Not only was he an ex-WCW wrestler, who were pretty much all squished after the 'Invasion', not only is he black, but his trademark move is doing a rubbish bit of break dancing, his finisher is weak, and his other finisher is a move The Rock does. Despite all that, he went on to win multiple titles in WWE, including the top titles. The guy is just incredible.

PLUS he still has a job despite not being in the ring. Or at least he did not long ago. Commentating. I only get the odd update now and again about whats going on from my little brother

Â