The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Spoiler

Jeff Hardy is still eligible to go to Smackdown so the US Title could go back the way it came. If that happened then there is every chance that Smackdown could wind up with Mahal back if he won at the Greatest Rumble.  

I would prefer Seth Rollins to Smackdown though solely because he'd get the push he's been deserving for a while. There are very few opportunities on RAW even for a huge talent like Rollins so I would prefer him.

As for the other drafts I think the only guys that will do anything of note are Owens, Zayn and maybe Corbin, the latter is solely because Vince McMahon loves Corbin, I want McIntyre to do well but lumping him with jobber supreme Dolph Ziggler doesn't excite me.

Ultimately I think Smackdown has shed so much dead weight that it's going to wind up looking very strong at the end of this shake-up.   

1 hour ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

Jeff Hardy is still eligible to go to Smackdown so the US Title could go back the way it came. If that happened then there is every chance that Smackdown could wind up with Mahal back if he won at the Greatest Rumble.  

I would prefer Seth Rollins to Smackdown though solely because he'd get the push he's been deserving for a while. There are very few opportunities on RAW even for a huge talent like Rollins so I would prefer him.

As for the other drafts I think the only guys that will do anything of note are Owens, Zayn and maybe Corbin, the latter is solely because Vince McMahon loves Corbin, I want McIntyre to do well but lumping him with jobber supreme Dolph Ziggler doesn't excite me.

Ultimately I think Smackdown has shed so much dead weight that it's going to wind up looking very strong at the end of this shake-up.   

Spoiler

That is a good point about Jeff Hardy that would explain the title change. I can see that happening with Jeff getting a push on SD. Seth would be my choice but he is so over on Raw they will keep him there I feel. I can Balor and the club coming over as they seem abit lost on raw and they could join up with AJ or feud with him later on. 

I would also like to see Samoa Joe come over he would be brilliant on SD. I think absolution are guranteed to come on SD as well as alycia fox. 

I think Orton will turn if they dont send one of the above to SD

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I want the WWE and IC titles on Raw as they are the traditional belts with all the lineage and Raw is the traditional show.

SD is more entertaining though :)

I think in my above spoiler will happen regarding what title is going to SD

16 hours ago, omariqy said:

I reckon Jeff Hardy is nailed on to go to Smackdown. I reckon Ambrose and Elias may also go over.

Spoiler

Yep as predicted you are correct. Glad Samoa Joe is on SD that will help him. A styles vs Joe for the title feud would be incredible. 

Big Cass returns to no reaction (turning him heel was crap and has failed so far)

Suprised they did not bring Balor over 

Spoiler

So the following have gone over as far as I can see:

The Miz

Jeff Hardy

Samoa Joe

The Bar

The Club

Sanity

Andrade Elmas and Vega

Big Cass

R Truth

Asuka

Absolution

That is some great moves I think. Makes sense for Asuka to go over as Rousey is on Raw now. Some interesting tag team possibiilties with the Bar and the Club feuding with Usos, New Day and Bludgeon Bros. Also could we see AJ Styles and the Club link up again? I would like to see the Miz build his feud slowly with Daniel Bryan and ultimately challenge for the top prize. Looks like it will be Big Cass v Daniel Bryan initially. I wonder who Samoa Joe will go after?

2 hours ago, omariqy said:
  Hide contents

So the following have gone over as far as I can see:

The Miz

Jeff Hardy

Samoa Joe

The Bar

The Club

Sanity

Andrade Elmas and Vega

Big Cass

R Truth

Asuka

Absolution

That is some great moves I think. Makes sense for Asuka to go over as Rousey is on Raw now. Some interesting tag team possibiilties with the Bar and the Club feuding with Usos, New Day and Bludgeon Bros. Also could we see AJ Styles and the Club link up again? I would like to see the Miz build his feud slowly with Daniel Bryan and ultimately challenge for the top prize. Looks like it will be Big Cass v Daniel Bryan initially. I wonder who Samoa Joe will go after?

Spoiler

Sanity vs bludgeon brothers has potential to be a fantastic feud. 

The Big Cass Bryan feud seemns stupid to me, who do you bury the returning big cass or bryan?

They should have had a big cass orton feud to start with.

I think they need to have AJ beat Nakamura then start a feud with Samoa Joe, with then Joe facing bryan at SS for the title. While the Joe-AJ feud is going on have bryan and nakamura go at it 

Spoiler

It's also smart to bring Absolution over given their ties to Paige. It'll be interesting to see what they do with that potential storyline with their leader being the GM of Smackdown Live. 

Ultimately Smackdown Live absolutely killed it this shake-up. They got rid of so much dead weight and gained some massive talents in the process, if Smackdown doesn't make the most of this I'll be surprised. 

2 hours ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

It's also smart to bring Absolution over given their ties to Paige. It'll be interesting to see what they do with that potential storyline with their leader being the GM of Smackdown Live. 

Ultimately Smackdown Live absolutely killed it this shake-up. They got rid of so much dead weight and gained some massive talents in the process, if Smackdown doesn't make the most of this I'll be surprised. 

There isn’t much tag teams over on raw tbh. I thought sanity would align themselves with bray Wyatt not end up on SD. 

There also seems like many heel tag team# on SD. I have a feeling the ba4 might turn face

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

There isn’t much tag teams over on raw tbh. I thought sanity would align themselves with bray Wyatt not end up on SD. 

There also seems like many heel tag team# on SD. I have a feeling the ba4 might turn face

Spoiler

Agreed on the tag team front, I thought RAW had been left in a decent shape there until I tried to name a single RAW tag team and tapped out at The Revival and The Deleters of Worlds.

Smackdown Live has The Bar, New Day, Usos, Bludgeon Brothers, The Club, Sanity and The Colons.. I am loving the diversity there, but are all of them going to feature over the next year? All of them barring The Colons would make great champions. 

I also agree on the heel side of things, way too many groups that work best as heels. I assume they will likely turn The Bar and bring up Sanity as a face group to even things out a bit. 

1 hour ago, Daweii said:
  Hide contents

Agreed on the tag team front, I thought RAW had been left in a decent shape there until I tried to name a single RAW tag team and tapped out at The Revival and The Deleters of Worlds.

Smackdown Live has The Bar, New Day, Usos, Bludgeon Brothers, The Club, Sanity and The Colons.. I am loving the diversity there, but are all of them going to feature over the next year? All of them barring The Colons would make great champions. 

I also agree on the heel side of things, way too many groups that work best as heels. I assume they will likely turn The Bar and bring up Sanity as a face group to even things out a bit. 

How would they make sanity a face team though? they are built as heels

On Raw I think I count what 2-3 teams? They should have moved the usos to raw 

Sanity have been face on NXT for the last few months. The easiest way to do it is to pit them against a heel team and their charisma gets them over, at least that's what they did on NXT when Sanity faced Undisputed Era. 

I wanted either Usos or New Day to move just so there is no chance of having New Day vs Usos again for at least 12 months. I love that match up/feud, but it was starting to get old at Hell in a Cell and we're 6 months past that now. 

So the Greatest Royal Rumble airing this Friday only on the WWE Network for £9.99 is set to be a 6 hour show including the pre-show. That is right, just over 2 weeks after WrestleMania 34 we are literally getting part two.

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Jesus Christ, Titus Oneill tripping over is one of those things that just gets funnier and funnier every time I watch it

That was the best about the event

The whole show was lame and all predictable results 

Night two of Wrestling Dontaku was absolutely awesome. Go see it if you have any interest in NJPW. 

The announcement of the main event for Dominion was just jaw dropping too. The match up wasn't unexpected (it was always going to be one of two), but the stipulation just takes it to another level. 

Next weekend there's a IPW UK / CZW show in Clapham. It's headlined by Jimmy Havok v Matt Tremont in a death match. It's an utter dream for me, and I'd love to go, but it's going to be a pain for me to attend. 

Â